Part 11

Arianna's POV- Chapter 10; Only Skin Deep- Part 1

I wake up and sit up slowly on the bed. I look around and notice that dad's not here. The memories from last night come flooding back at full speed. Jake, the date, his ex, running in the street, talking to dad, all of it. I stand up and make my way into the bathroom. 

I wash my face and use some of the make up in my bag so I don't look dead. I change back into my dress that's still slightly damp and I leave my hair curly. When I step out of the bathroom and walk into the kitchen, dad is standing near the bar drinking coffee. 

"Want some?" He asks and I nod and clap my hands energetically as he laughs.

"Let me guess, extra cream and extra sugar?" He asks and I nod again

"You read my order that day didn't you?" I ask and he just shrugs.

"A magician never reveals his tricks." He says as he prepares a second cup of coffee.

"Mom said for you to drop me off before 12. I have homework and cheer practice." I say and he nods.

"You also have a game this Friday right?" He asks and I look at him and raise an eyebrow.

"I checked your calendar. I want to come." He says and raises his hands in mock surrender.

"I'd love for you to come dad." I say and he smiles.

"So I'm guessing you're going to have late practice all week to prepare?" He asks, while handing me the coffee, and I nod.

"When you're finished with your coffee we will head out." He says and I nod again while drinking down the coffee. 

When we arrive at the house at 11:20 he gets out of the car and walks me to the door. The door opens revealing my mom looking really worried and Colton looking guilty. 

"Oh my god, Shane thank you so much for finding her." Mom says and he nods.

"No worries, I was driving back home anyway." He says and leans over to kiss mom on the cheek.

"Arianna go start homework you have 40 minutes before we need to head to your practice." Colton says and I give him a look and we just stare at each other for a minute.

"Arianna it's okay go. I'll see you guys later." Dad says as he kisses my forehead before walking back to his car. 

I walk up the stairs and head for my bedroom. I pull out my bag and my computer as I start on the AP course homework I have. The door opens and Colton walks in with a protein shake in his hand.

"It's a peace offering take it or leave it." He says and tosses it to me.

"Thank you." I say and start drinking it as I type out some homework.

"I'm sorry about your date, sis. I'm so damn sorry I wasn't there." He whispers after a while in silence and I turn to look at him.

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck as we sit down on my bed. 

"None of that was your fault okay? You have the right to go out with your boyfriend." I say as I kneel in front of him sitting on the bed.

"Okay..." He says and then wipes away the tears slipping down my face.

"I'm going to let you finish homework I'll be on the bike at 12." He says and winks at me before kissing my cheek and walking out of the room.

Colton's POV- Chapter 10; Only Skin Deep- Part 2

I pace my room back and forth silently cursing myself for trusting Jake not to hurt her. I know he didn't mean to, I know that. But that's still what he did in the end. He hurt my baby sister. And yeah I know she's only a couple minutes younger than me but still I think of her as my baby sister. 

I check the time and it's 12:00, I jog down the stairs and find her walking out the door with the keys. She's wearing her standard cheer outfit but that doesn't make it any less obvious how pretty my sister is.

We turn on the bike as we start driving to school for her practice. Her grip on me is slightly tighter than normal and her breathing is slightly heavier.