Part 23

Arianna's POV- Chapter 22; Prom Night Part 1

Walking down stairs I see Cleo standing with Trey and Colton and I see Jake being interrogated by dad by the door. Of course he does the interrogation process I'm his little princess who ran to him crying about this same boy.

When I walk down the stairs Colton, mom, dad, and Jake's eyes all go to me as I walk down the stairs "elegantly" and hope I don't fall on my face. When I get down the stairs dad and mom hug me and I swear they're crying.

"You look so beautiful, sweetheart." Mom tells me.

"You look stunning, princess." Dad says and I thank them and try to get to Jake.

But then Colton has to intercept my path.

"You look great sis." He says and I laugh and thank him.

"You really do look amazing." Cleo says and finally Trey looks up from his phone.

"She doesn't look better than me." He says and we all laugh.

Jake encircles an arm around my waist and kisses my hair. 

"You did good covering the bite marks." He whispers in my ear and I feel myself blush like over 50 shades of red.

 When we get to the dance, Silas and Candice are already dancing and Noah comes to get Cleo. Trey and Colton bail off to go dance and make-out which leaves Jake and I standing next to each other. He goes to say hi to some football friends while I stay and drink some spiked punch. Some of the football guys laugh and point over at me. 

I eventually get tired of waiting for him to come back so I go to the dance floor and sway around with Cleo and we drink A LOT. Finally Jake comes and dances with me then we do that thing where we switch around in a circle. I end up dancing with Noah, Trey, Silas, and Colton before I get back to Jake. 

I tell Jake I need some fresh air towards the end and walk out to the balcony. Then a hand covers my mouth trying to suffocate me. I have learned to steady my breathing and work to hold my breath with certain anxiety and panic attack moments. I turn around and through a punch to the guy's jaw. When I turn around a guy in a tux slams into me and I fall to the ground knocking my head back on the balcony. My body goes limp and I feel the blood running down the back of my head. 

Jake's POV- Chapter 22; Prom Night Part 2

When I go to look for Aria 15 minutes later I can't find her anywhere in the building. The limo driver said she hasn't come out yet which is really worrying me. When I go back to the balcony and put my hands on the wall to look out to see if she could've jumped, I feel a sticky liquid. I look down at my hands and find blood. Lot's of it too. 

My phone buzzes and I pull it out to see a text from an unknown number and a picture attached.

Bring what we want and we'll let her go. Your choice. Here's the address tomorrow evening don't be late.