Happy Birthday - Colson Baker x Reader

You took a deep breath in through your nose, taking in the smell of the breakfast that you had just made your boyfriend of just over a year for his birthday. You had made him some pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, and some fruit. You brewed him a hot cup of coffee, just the way he liked it and put it all on a tray. You put a candle in the pancake and lit it. You took the tray in your hands and slowly walked up the stairs of his house, careful not to let the candle go out. You pushed the door open as you had left it open a crack so you didn't have to fumble with the handle with your hands full. 

You looked across the room at the bed to see Colson sleeping soundly. He had been on set late last night hanging out with the guys since they're almost done filming the movie. You started singing happy birthday softly to your sleeping boyfriend. As you got closer he started to stir. You saw a smile grow on his face, followed by his eyes opening and then him sitting up straight in bed. You placed the tray down in his lap and he blew out the candle. "What did you wish for?" you asked him. 

"I can't tell you or else it won't come true," he said, smiling widely at you. "If you give me a kiss, I'll tell you tonight after the party."

You nodded your head and gave him a loving kiss. After what felt like forever, you pulled away to let him eat his breakfast. "I'm gonna go clean up the kitchen okay?" you said, standing up straight. "Enjoy your breakfast."

"Thanks babe," he said, taking a bite of the pancake after. "Mmm, this is delicious."

"I'm glad you think so," you said, kissing his cheek, then turning and walking back downstairs to start cleaning up the dishes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Colson spent all morning in bed, going between cuddling and getting rather intimate. Once 1:00 pm rolled around you both got out of bed and took a shower together. His daughter Casie was coming over for 2:30 to hang out with the two of you and to go out for dinner with you guys and your close friends before the party that was going on in the Hills that night for Colson's birthday. 

You both finished getting ready at 2:15, just in time to get ready for Casie to get there. You both sat down on the couch in the living room, sipping on an afternoon vodka and orange juice. "I love it when Casie comes over," you told Colson. "She's fun to gang up with on you."

He laughed and shook his head. "You're both very good at that," he told you. There was a knock on the door and he got up and walked over to open it. 

"Daddy!" you heard Casie yell as soon as the door opened. 

"Hey princess!" he said, picking her up and hugging her. You heard Casie's mom telling Colson what time she would pick her up at after dinner, and with that, she was gone. 

"Is Y/N here?" you heard her ask Colson, which brought a smile to your face.

"Yep! She's in the living room," Colson told her. Casie walked into the living room and ran up to you, giving you a huge hug. You smiled widely and hugged her back.

"Hey girl! How are you?" you asked her as she sat down beside you. 

"I'm good! I missed you guys," she said smiling at you, and then up at her dad who was taking a seat on the other side of her. 

"It was only like two days since you saw us last," you said, giggling. 

"Two days is a long time!" she exclaimed. 

"Yeah, that is true," you said. "Well, we missed you even more."

"So what are the plans for dad's birthday?" she asked, looking at you.

"Well we're gonna spend the afternoon here and then go out for dinner with some friends," you told her. "How does that sound?"

"That sounds like so much fun!" she said, clapping her hands together and smiling.