Matt: You Can Read Minds?

(This is an AU for the record. It won't happen in any other story.)

These gaming conventions can get really boring sometimes.

You only come to support your friends and learn about the new games coming out.

"Hey Y/N!", Josh yells, tapping a seat next to him.

There was too many of you in the crew, so you, Josh, Wes, and Ian had ended up behind the other people from Smosh.

Mari had been texting you about some meme she had sent you when the CEO of a company came out on stage.

"I WANT TO GO HOME!", you yelled in your head, and you noticed Matt Sohinki flinch in front of you.

At first, you thought you had accidentally said it out loud, but no one else around you had reacted.

Staying quiet for a minute, you scroll through something on your phone before trying to focus again.

Josh coughed into his hand, making you disgusted.

"Disgusting move, bro. If he tries to wipe that on my chair, I'm going to elbow him where the sun doesn't shine.", you think to yourself as you watch him.

Matt snickers in front of you, making you even more confused.

Mari shooshes him, and you realize no one said anything.

"Are you reading my mind, Matt?", you think in your head, and you notice him stiffen up a little bit.

"Are you okay?", Dave leans over and asks Matt.

He nods, but he doesn't say anything.

You rack your mind for excuses and chalk it up to a coincidence.

When the program is over, Matt Raub tells us you can all split up, but you have to vlog some of the stuff to make a video about it.

Dave, Matt Sohinki, and you make a trio as you walk around the convention.

You all got access to some of the newest games out on the market, and it was a really fun time.

You vlogged when Dave spent way too much money on a new PS4 controller, and you giggled as you vlogged Matt and Dave battling it out in Smash Bros.

"Wow. This place is so amazing. I wonder how long they've been coming.", you wonder as you watch them expertly navigate the halls.

"Six years.", Matt whispers to you as you both continue walking.

You stop dead in my tracks.

"How did you hear that?", you ask.

"Hear what?", Dave asks.

You stand completely shocked, stock still.

"I know I did not say that out loud.", you say slowly, staring directly at Matt.

Dave shoots a weird look at Matt, but he doesn't say anything.

You all continue walking, now in an awkward silence. 

"I think I'm going to head back to the hotel. My head hurts.", you tell the two.

"Do you need someone to go with you?", Dave asks with a hint of concern in his voice.

You shrug.

"I'll take you back. Tell the others where we're going, so they don't wait up for us.", Matt tells Dave as you both walk towards the exit.

You feel a hint of nausea from the headache and debate vomiting or not.

Matt leads you to a trash can, further creating suspicion.

As you both get into the Uber he ordered, he looks at you curiously.

"This sounds crazy, but I know you're already thinking it. No pun intended. I can read minds.", Matt whispers to you.

"No you can't, asshole.", you think, rolling your eyes.

"Yes I can, asshole.", he replies.

Your eyes widen as you realize he can.

"Blink rapidly if you can hear this.", you think in your head.

He starts blinking quickly, raising an eyebrow as if to say "believe me now?"

The Uber drops you off at the hotel.

Matt helps you out of the car, and you start questioning him in the elevator.

"Can you do this to everyone?", you ask him.

"I can only do it with friends. Like I can't just hear people when I walk by them on the street, but like, Mari and Joven talking.", he explains with a small shrug.

"When did you start hearing thoughts?"

"I was really little. I thought my brother was talking to me, so I'd answer his question. He always got super freaked out."

The elevator dings, opens, and both of you get out.

"What number is the room again?", you think.

"246. You don't have to think it.", he jokes.

"I just like messing with you.", you think again before he rolls his eyes at you.

As you enter the room, he grabs a cold washcloth to put on your head.

"You have been thinking too hard. I can vouch.", he laughs at you.

You groan, putting your head under the pillow.

Matt stared at you for a moment before laying down on the bed next to you.

"Come here.", he muttered.

You debated moving a second before scooting closer to him.

He wrapped his arms around you, and you smiled at the warmth.

"You're really cute when you don't feel good.", he whispers, making you elbow him.

He groans in pain, but you see him still smiling.

"You deserved it.", you thought.

He chuckles.

"I'm glad you can do this now. It's a lot of effort to open my mouth.", you think again, giggling a little bit.

He laughs, pulling you closer.

Gently kissing your forehead, he adjusts the washcloth to cover the entire surface of your forehead.

You smile at the kiss, closing your eyes.

Slowly drifting to sleep, you think about what the others will think about you two.

"I don't think they'll mind.", Matt whispers as you fall asleep.

(This was a prompt I saw someone and liked it. Hope you enjoyed this one! ❤️)