Keith: Avoid Her

"Morning!", you yawn to everyone as you enter the shooting room at exactly 6:30 am.

Shayne gives you a lazy wave.

Courtney and Olivia stop talking, both say "good morning", and they go back to having their conversation.

Noah smiles up at you, but he doesn't say anything.

Keith doesn't even look up at you, putting a weird feeling in your stomach.

None of them are particularly morning people.

"Okay, guys. We have two sketches to shoot this morning. Every Hangover Ever and we have to shoot the bar scene for Girls are Gross.", Ryan Todd announces as he sits down in his chair behind the monitors with the camera feeds.

You were only going to be in the Girls Are Gross scene, so you didn't have to do much.

"Shayne, Damien, and Courtney. We'll shoot scene six first.", Ryan announces.

With that announcement, you head back to the "green room."

You plop onto a beanbag chair, putting an AirPod into your left ear.

Pressing the right side of your face into the beanbag, you close your eyes, hoping to take a bit of a nap.

"She's asleep, it's fine. Cmon, talk to me.", you hear Noah's voice.

Going stock-still, you force yourself to not move, breath slowly, and keep your eyes shut.

"I don't know, man.", Keith's voice replies lowly as you hear them shut the door.

The couch squeaks, so you know they're both sitting.

"I can't tell her, Noah. But I can't keep holding it in. Avoiding her is too hard. We are in all the same scenes, and I just enjoy her company too much.", Keith whispers loudly.

"Dude. She only has the one scene today, and we're just in the background. It won't be hard.", Noah tries to assure him.

Wait a minute. Are they talking about you?

No, it can't be.

"Courtney's singing, Olivia's just messing around, but she's actually going to be dancing and stuff. I can't take my eyes off of her when she's dancing.", Keith admits.

Okay, so he's definitely talking about you.

You shift a little in the beanbag to be able to reach your phone to turn your music down, and the boys immediately fall silent.

"I thought you said she was asleep.", Keith mutters nervously.

"People move all the time in their sleep. You can't tell me you don't. Quit sweating it, dude.", Noah reassures him before leaving the room.

Olivia enters soon after.

"Hey, Keith. Is (Y/N) asleep?", she questions him.

"I think so.", you can almost see him shrugging from your "sleeping" state.

"Have you told her that you like her yet?", she teases him.

"Shut up, Liv.", he sharply replies.

"Whatever, Keith. I gotta get her up to go to makeup. Unless you want to do it.", she teases him again.

There's a long pause of silence.

You hear some shuffling and squeaking until a hand is touching your shoulder.

"Hey, (Y/N). (Y/N)..... You have to go to makeup.", Keith whispers to you.

You pull out your AirPod, sitting up.

Rubbing your eyes, you lock eyes with him.

"Thanks.", you give him a warm smile as you head to the makeup room.

Courtney is in the other chair, and you slide into the open chair next to her.

"Hey, (Y/N).", she greets you happily.

The two of you chat as you both get your makeup done to look purposely messy.

As you change into old-looking and messy clothes, you head out onto the bar set for the music video.

The song begins to play as Courtney lip-syncs to parts of it.

You and Olivia dance around as you demonstrate the various actions the song describes.

When the dancing part is over, you quickly assemble it to look like a normal, busy bar.

You spill your purse filled with different crusty objects as you shoot the intro for the video.

When it finally wraps, everyone on set applauds as you wrap the video.

After getting rid of your makeup and changing back into your normal clothes, you head back to the green room to get your stuff.

"Hey, (Y/N)? Can I ask you something?", Keith asks you quietly.

He shifts his weight, so you know he's super nervous.

"Yes. I like you too. I'm available on Thursday and Saturday night. Text me whenever.", you reply, cutting him off with a mischievous smile.

His jaw drops before you turn on your heels and leave.

I am so sorry for my absence. My parents are having some issues plus school sucks, but I'm back! Thanks for reading!