Keith: Book of Lies

"Keith! Pay attention to the road!", you screeched as that significant semi truck entered into your view.

Keith tried to slam on the brake, but you went head-on into the truck.

The last thing you heard was your scream, and you saw Keith fly forward.

Then.

Darkness.

Soon, you were standing in a hospital room.

Shayne, Courtney, and Ian were all sitting in chairs beside the bed.

"Guys? What're you doing here?", you ask them.

None of them reply or even look up at you.

"Guys? This isn't funny. I think I had a weird dream or something.", you try to tell them.

They still don't move.

You walk closer to them.

Courtney's crying?

She leans onto Shayne's shoulder, and he rubs her back as she sobs into his chest.

Normally you would think that was adorable, but this was something different.

Ian's head was buried in his hands, and he was mumbling into them.

Shayne stared at the bed, eyes locked with the body, no emotion reflected on his face.

You walk out into the hallway to see Noah slumped outside of a room on the floor.

His back is pressed against the wall, and dried tears have stained his cheeks.

"Noah? Are you okay? What happened?", you question the man in front of you.

"Here.", Olivia comes up behind you and hands him a clear cup filled with water.

"I can't believe he's gone, Liv. My best friend is gone.", he chokes out.

Keith? No way.

You open the door, but you find yourself just gliding through it.

The bed is covered with a white sheet.

You gently lift the sheet, and you let out a deafening, heart-wrenching, guttural scream.

Keith's mangled body is lying underneath the sheet, and his face is almost unrecognizable.

"No, please baby. You can't do this to me.", you sob, resting your head on his chest.

You leave the room after a long moment, staring sadly at Noah who is sobbing again.

Olivia has tears running down her face, but she stays silent.

You walk back into the room.

Mari runs up in front of you.

"Oh my god, guys! What the fuck happened?", she gasps, staring at the body on the bed.

"They ran head-on into a semi. Completely destroyed their car. Keith died on impact. She's barely breathing.", Shayne says without a single hint of emotion in his voice as he points at the bed in front of him.

You let out a gasp of shock as you process what he told her.

You're the body on the bed?!?

You get closer, and if you hadn't have heard that conversation, you're not sure if you would've been able to identify yourself.

Bandages cover most of your face, and you're too scared to lift the blanket to assess your other injuries.

The rest of the Smosh crew and assorted other friends are chilling outside of the room as they wait for news.

"Who is going to take the responsibility of making the medical decisions for Ms. (L/N)?", an older-looking doctor enters the room.

They all look around.

"Ian. You're Smosh Dad. You do it.", Olivia whispers after a long moment of silence.

"That's a lot of pressure. I don't want that put on me.", he rebuts nervously.

"No one else here has the right to do it.", Mari puts her hand on his shoulder as she says her piece.

"Guys, I can't do it.", he says angrily, sitting straight up in his chair.

"Ian. She was like your little sister. We all know it. Keith was my brother. I can't take care of him now, but you still have a chance. Grow a fucking pair and do what's best for her.", Noah says firmly, his fists clenched next to his sides.

You give Ian a hug, hoping he feels something.

"Please Ian.", you whisper into his ear.

He jumps, giving you hope he heard it.

"I'll take the responsibility.", he tells the doctor after one more moment of debating.

"I'll need you to fill out this paperwork then. Bring it out to the desk when you're finished.", the man hands him a clipboard with a few papers attached to it.

"I swear I heard her tell me to do it, but it could've just been a memory or something.", he whispers to Shayne.

"It was definitely her. I can feel a presence.", Courtney replies softly.

Ian leaves to hand the paperwork back, but the moment he steps out of the doorway, monitors begin buzzing rapidly.

"She's going into cardiac arrest! Everyone out!", a nurse yells.

"(Y/N)! No!", Courtney screams as Shayne drags her out of the room.

Suddenly, a huge burst of light hits you, and you shut your eyes.

When they open, you are sitting on a white bench.

"(Y/N)?", a familiar voice asks with excitement written in the question.

"Keith?", you turn to see him sitting next to you, and you let out a shriek of excitement.

"Where are we?", you ask him after a moment of looking around.

"I don't know. All I know is we have to do something to pass on to the next stage, but I'm not sure what.", he looks around with a shrug.

"Here.", a man in white hands you a book.

He hands Keith a piece of paper.

"What do we do with these?", you ask, not opening the book until you are certain of what is written inside.

"These are all the lies you have told one another. Since you died together, you must tell them to one another.", the man says before walking into mist.

"How come yours is one piece of paper?", you giggle at Keith. 

"Yours is a whole book!", he exclaims, and you get nervous about what's inside.

"I'll go first.", you volunteer.

Your lies range anywhere from "I actually had that dinner catered because I can't cook." to other small lies like "It was actually me that gave the Netflix password out since Mari's account got locked."

When you finish, you give a sigh of relief.

None of them were actually that bad, just small, insignificant lies.

"Your turn.", you give Keith a big smile.

He inhaled deeply and gives you a worried look as he looks at the paper.

"It's only one sentence, babe. Don't be nervous.", you comfort him by placing your hand on his.

He nods slowly as he starts reading.

"I never loved you."

Wooooooooooooo this one hurt deep, man. Real deep. 😫