Pref #11: Your Ex Causes Problems

Ian:

You feel a chill go up your entire spine as your phone dings for the sixth time in the last three minutes.

When Ben's name lights up, you quickly hide the notification.

Tucking your phone back in your pocket, you turn back to face your computer.

"Hey, babe. Some of us are going to go grab lunch, do you want to come with?", Ian offers, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Um, no. I think I'll stay here.", you tell him.

Just as he opens his mouth to say something, your phone dings.

You ignore it, staring up at Ian.

It dings again. Then again. And one more time before you manage to shut the ringer off.

"(Y/N), who is that?", Ian lowers his voice.

"Ben got my new number somehow.", you admit in a whisper.

In the silence of the room, it sounded like a scream.

"I'm making a police report and blocking the number. If anything else happens, we'll take more steps. Okay?", he takes your hand.

You nod.

He kisses you before exiting your office.

Matt:

"I'm so nervous, Matt. I just know he's going to lie or manipulate what I say. What if he threatens me? What if he charges the stand?", you worry over and over as you pace in the hallway outside of the courtroom.

Your ex, Brad, had been constantly harassing you, so Matt convinced you to file a harassment claim and get a restraining order.

"Your lawyer knows the best angle to take this, so he can't manipulate any of the facts. We have screenshots, security cam photos, and other hard proof. We have the clear upper hand. And there's a few security guards up there for a reason. Just look at me. I'll help you through it.", he reassures you, taking your hand and kissing the tip of your nose.

You smile, giving him a tight hug as you both enter the courtroom as a united front against the threat.

David:

As you scroll through Instagram, you giggle at another one of Joven's typos.

However, your feed indicates that you have been tagged in a post.

"Love my baby so much. 😍", is the caption on the picture.

It's a picture of you and Mason from six years ago when the two of you had dated.

"What the fuck?", you whisper.

Dave looks up and gives you a confused look.

"Look at this.", you show him the picture on your phone.

"Report it. That asshole needs to leave you alone.", Dave rolls his eyes, trying not to get too upset.

"Blocked and reported.", you assure him before smiling at him.

Josh:

"(Y/N)! Can you come here for a moment?", Josh yells from the room where the office is.

"Sure!", you finish unpacking one of the silverware moving boxes and put it by the door as you close the drawer.

"What's wrong?", you ask him when you see his arched eyebrow.

"What is this?", he holds up a deep red folder, the color you can feel your cheeks turning. 

"Just some paperwork. We need to keep it though, so don't throw it.", you tell him quickly before heading into the living room to grab another box to unpack.