Matt : A Welcomed Distraction

"Hey, bubs!", you cheer into your phone as you see Matt's contact picture flash onto your phone.

"Hey, baby! What are you up to right now?", his voice sounds heavenly over the phone.

How does he always sound so perfect?

"I was just tidying up my kitchen, so nothing interesting. Didya need something?", you ask as you pull the plug in your sink to let the water drain out.

"Grab a few blankets, pillows, and get in comfy clothes. Meet me in front of your apartment in ten.", he says before hanging up.

Your eyes widen as you realize how little of time that actually is.

You change into a pair of black sweatpants and a navy blue crewneck sweater.

Grabbing blankets and a couple pillows from your bed and closet, you meet Matt outside almost exactly ten minutes later.

"If you don't mind me asking...", you start to say.

He gently presses his finger against your lips, instantly hushing you.

You stick your tongue out and laugh at the look on his face as he realizes that he has just been licked.

It's peaceful as he begins driving, the two of you vibing to the song on the radio.

He pulls into the parking lot of the 7/11.

"Come on!", he ushers for you to follow him by waving his hand.

When you climb out of the car, he weaves his fingers with yours before practically dragging you into the store.

"Pick whatever you want.", he whispers before planting a kiss on your forehead.

"Bubs, I-", he holds up his finger like he is going to shush you again, but he changes his mind after he remembers what that led to.

"Don't fight me on this. Get whatever your heart desires. It's on me. Don't say you're not hungry or that you don't want anything just because I'm paying and you have to eat in front of me. Please.", he gives you a knowing look.

"Okay.", you reply.

You walk around the store, picking out various candies, chips, and drinks.

Matt meets you at the counter.

"I'm really sorry about this.", you tell the cashier as you look at the massive amount of products sitting on the counter.

"As long as you pay.", the cashier jokes, making you all laugh.

You and Matt carry the bags out to the car.

"Let's put them in the back seat for now.", he tells you.

You nod, pushing the bags in with the blankets and pillows.

When Matt begins driving again, you plug in your phone to his AUX cord.

Putting on your joint playlist with Matt, you both nod along to the music.

He places his hand on your thigh, causing butterflies to erupt in your stomach.

After a long time of driving, Matt pulls into a state park, parking in an empty lot.

"If you wanted to kill me, you shouldn't have wasted your money at 7/11.", you joke as opens the top of his car.

(In this, you both happen to be in a convertible. Anyway, I'll catch up with you at the end!)

"Lean your seat all the way back.", he whispers.