Keith: School Rules!

You stroll down the hallways looking through your phone.

"Hey (Y/N)! Want to eat lunch with me today?", Keith asks me as he walks by.

"Of course, babe.", you smile, giving him a kiss.

You part ways, making your way towards your classroom.

Shuffling your papers, you place them on each desk for your first class of the day.

"Hey guys! Go ahead and start reading from the pages on the board and do the worksheet on your desk after we do our news.", you tell them all as you take a seat on your stool in the front of the room.

"Alesha?", you call on the girl as she raises her hand.

"My parents are installing a new indoor pool at my house.", she announces, and everyone nods or approves her statement.

"James?", you call on the boy in the front.

"I'm in the process of adopting another dog. It's a Saint Bernard, and it is the cutest.", he smiles brightly.

You congratulate him and continue to call on other students.

Towards the end, Rachel raises her hand.

"Rachel?", you point at her.

"Is it true that you and Mr. Leak are a thing?", she raises an eyebrow.

The class all starts whispering to each other, but they all pay close attention to what you are going to say.

"Actually, yes. And that was going to be my exciting news. I am going to be Mrs. Leak soon!", you announce happily as you hold up your hand with your engagement ring on it.

The class all erupts into cheering and clapping.

"Okay, okay. I know it's exciting, but we have to get to work all right? I'd rather not have it turn into homework.", you urge them as they all start working.

Turning on your favorite Spotify playlist, you let the kids chat, be on their phones, and do whatever when they get their work done.

Your phone starts lighting up red with a call.

"Hey.", you say simply into the receiver.

"Hope you don't mind, baby, but I'm planning on telling my next class about us.", Keith replies.

"I already told this class. They took it well.", you giggle.

"That's cause we're the best teachers in this building.", he chuckles back.

"I gotta go. Bell's about to ring.", you say goodbye before hanging up.

You start chatting with some of the kids about the parking lot for the high school until the bell rings.

Quickly, you hand out worksheets for the next class as they start shuffling in.

"Oh my gosh, Ms. (L/N)! Is it true you and Mr. Leak are engaged?", Kelsey asks you.

You grin, showing her your hand with the ring.

She squeals and points at it to show the rest of her friends.

I tell them how he had proposed on the boardwalk, where we met, and they all whisper amongst themselves about it.

"Alright, alright, we can talk about it later. But for now, grab your textbooks.", you tell the class to get them started.

Keith walks into your classroom to grab some rulers, and you can feel the awkwardness radiating.

The students all start making kissing noises and weird cat-call comments.

"Y'all are insane. What are you teaching these kids?", Keith exclaims, giving you a mischievous look.

"At least kids learn in my class.", you spit back, the class "ooing" at him.

"Dang. Alright.", he says, his mouth open at the comment.

The class bursts into laughter as he leaves with his hands in the air.

"You guys are the coolest couple.", Abbie remarks from her seat, and you casually shrug at the compliment.

As you watch the class all leave after the bell rings, you take a moment to relax.

It's your prep period anyway, so it's not like you have to stress about class.

Checking your planner, you update your schedule for next week and make sure you have all of your stuff prepared for the rest of the week.

"Heyyyyyyy babyyyyyyyy.", a voice says from the door.

You look up to see Keith standing in your doorway.

"Keith! What are you doing here?!", you ask, standing up from your chair.

"I'm on a bathroom break.", he chuckles, giving you a kiss.

You giggle when you both disconnect, squeezing his hand which is holding yours.

"So, how have the kids taken our news?", you ask him, finding yourself lost in his eyes.

"They're excited. I'm just glad we're both well-liked teachers or it might not have been so exciting.", he jokes.

"I know! I had one girl ask me to confirm or deny. We're hot news right now.", you laugh as you inform him.

He laughs with you, pulling you into his chest.

"I love you so much, (Y/N). I'm glad we get to tell everyone together.", he replies, kissing the top of your head.

You nod into his chest, looking up and giving him a kiss.

"I better get back to class or they're going to think we did something naughty.", he teases you.

You blush, rolling your eyes as he kisses you goodbye.

When he leaves, you write a countdown to the wedding on your whiteboard.

Smiling to yourself as you admire the number on the board, you head to the teacher's lounge to get some coffee.

"Hey (Y/N)!", Mrs. Jennings greets you.

"Hey!", you reply, filling your mug.

"Congrats on the engagement. You and Keith are a great couple.", she compliments.

You thank her again and leave.

The bell rings for the start of fourth period, and you smile as the kids chatter about the number you had written on the board.

"I love my job.", you whisper, sipping your coffee as you stare at the picture on your desk of you and Keith from the proposal.