||26||

New York, 2012

Ava's POV

Today had honestly been pretty boring when Natasha and I got there she went to go do her stuff and one of the captains instructed me to go over the IT system again ensuring it was safe.

With all the enemies we have these days we have to be constantly updating our systems and just as well making sure they can't get to us but we can still get to them since the more information the better.

Obviously, HYDRA being our biggest enemies at this point but something told me there was more to come and it was going to start tonight.

I looked up from my computer hearing a knock on my door and saw the big man himself "hey Nick" I greeted him before looking and the time seeing it was time.

"Agent Stark, you ready to go?" he asked and I nodded logging off and securing my computer while getting up following Nick out.

"We're taking the helicopter?" I asked in confusion to which he nodded since this was something I wasn't expecting but clearly this was top secret.

We had taken a seat in the helicopter with Maria and they started flying us to our destination "why me Nick, what's so special about me that you decided to bring me along" I asked and that caused him to sigh.

"Ava, you are one of my most talented and trusted agents I have revealed to you a lot more than others and its because I've seen what you can do and the type of person you are, plus I think you have some untapped information regarding this" he explained causing my confusion to increase.

"Untapped information, what does that even mean," I asked and he then handed me a file which I opened and I gasped seeing the tesseract title up the top and seeing the item I saw in my dreams.

"You've seen it before, haven't you?" he asked me as I keep looking at it and nodded "in a dream, one that actually happened last night" I explained to him.

"How do I know about this with knowing about it," I asked looking up to Nick and this time he sighed before handing me another file this one I opened and saw a photo of myself and behind it a piece of paper I never thought I would see.

It was an adoption paper for Tony Stark, he adopted me and he never told me not eve Bailey told me "I'm adopted" I said not believing it "it appears so but we have no clue who you parents are" he explained making me backtrack.

"Who else knows back this Nick and how long have you known about this," I asked to which he sighed "myself, Coulson, Hill, Barton and Romanoff and ever since you joined S.H.I.E.L.D," he said making me shocked.

"You guys have known for almost a year and no one decided to tell me that I'm adopted and you all have no clue who my parents are" I repeated feeling betrayed but before he could respond we landed.

Coulson was already there as Maria opened the door letting all of us out and able to walk towards Phil "how bad is it" he asked "that's the problem, sir, we don't know" Phil told us as we followed him into the building.

"Doctor Selvig read an energy surge from the tesseract 4 hours ago" Phil explained causing Nick to respond promptly "NASA didn't authorize Selvig to go to test phase," Nick said "he wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room, the spontaneous event" Phil explains to us.

This must be quite powerful but I don't understand it's purpose "so it just turned itself on" I asked "where are the energy levels now" Nick asked as well "climbing, when Selvig couldn't shut it down we ordered an evac" Phil explained further.

"How long to get everyone out," Nick asked and the commotion around us was going crazy everyone was trying to pack up and get out "campus should be clear in the next half an hour" Phil informed.