||21||

Malibu, California

Tony, Ava and Bailey's House

3rd Person POV

Tony and Bailey along with Pepper, Ava, Happy and Natalie had made it back to Malibu and while the rest of them were upstairs or some where else Tony and Bailey were in the lab.

They were sitting in one of Tony's cars waiting for Jarvis to tell them what he could find on the Anton Vanko guy.

"Query complete sir Anton Vanko was a Soviet physicist who defected to the United States in 1963 however, he was accused of espionage and was deported in 1967 his son, Ivan, who is also a physicist, was convicted of selling Soviet-era weapons grade plutonium to Pakistan, and served 15 years in Kopeisk prison no further records exist" Jarvis told them making Tony and  Bailey sigh at the lack of information.

"Tony, Bailey, you gotta get upstairs and get on top of this situation right now listen I've been on the phone with the National Guard all day, trying to talk them out of rolling tanks up the PCH, knocking down your front door and taking these they're gonna take your suits, Tony, okay? they're sick of the games you two said nobody else would possess this technology for 20 years well, guess what? somebody else had it yesterday it's not theoretical anymore are you listening to me? are you guys okay?" Rhodey asked them as he entered the room.

In all honesty neither of them were doing so well and Bailey could tell Tony and her were closer and closer to dying and they still haven't told the people important to them.

"Let's go" Tony says and both of them start to get out of the car and while Bailey slips a little Tony completely fall causing Rhodey to go catch him.

"Hey, guys hey, hey! you all right?" Rhodey asked the brother and sister duo running to Tony to help him up and Bailey knew both Tony and herself needed to changed there corescoresthe arc reactors.

"Yeah, we should get to my desk" Tony says and Rhodey helps Tony there as Bailey slowly walk behind them and as Tony and Bailey sit down "see that cigar box?" Bailey asked Rhodey.

"Yeah" he answered looking at it "it's palladium" Tony told Rhodey as both Tony and Bailey took there arc reactors out and the cores were smoking again.

"Is that supposed to be smoking?" Rhodey asked them "if you must know, it's neutron damage it's from the reactor wall" Tony explains to Rhodey.

"You two had this in your body? and how about the high-tech crossword puzzle on both your necks?" Rhodey says looking at both of them.

"Road rash" Tony says coming up with a quick answer "thank you" Bailey tells Rhodey as she replaced her arc reactor core.

"What are you looking at?" Tony asked Rhodey "I'm looking at you two you both wanna do this whole lone gunslingers act and it's unnecessary you both don't have to do this alone" Rhodey says causing Tony to scoff and Bailey just looked away.

"You know, I wish I could believe that I really do but you've gotta trust me contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing" Tony says ending the conversation.

Bailey's Room

Bailey was in her room and she was staring at her chest sighing as she saw all the lines surrounding her arc reactor and knew that she really didn't have long left which made Bailey quite sad.

Bailey heard a knock on her door and look over to see Natalie before looking back in the mirror covering up the arc reactor.

"Bailey are you ok" Natalie asked her and Bailey sighed and nodded "as much as I can be" she says before taking a seat which Natalie follows in suit and takes a seat on the arm of Bailey's seat.