chapter two

after three beers and a few shots of vodka, i was officially slammed. and my drunk self was never really a person to be trusted. right now, cody was starting to look really cute. i couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

"okay! let's liven this thing up. never have i ever!" noel shouted. he was loud when he was drunk. i nodded and saw cody agree.

"what are we? school girls?" noel laughed at that and pointed up in the air.

"never! have i ever, done it on the first date!" all three of us put our fingers down. cody acknowledged that and grinned. i knit my eyebrows and noel pointed to cody.

"never have i ever," he glanced between noel and i, "kissed my best friend."

slowly, but in sync, noel and i removed another finger.

"dude, when?" cody asked, seeming intrigued.

"you explain fae," noel ordered, taking another swing of his wine. cody's eyes fell back onto me as i thought about this story again.

"well i was really sad and drunk one night. noel and i were just chilling and drinking on a saturday night. one thing led to another and we were making out. but we both could never date each other. too close of a friendship." he nodded and high fived noel.

"your turn, fae." cody said. the use of noel's nickname coming from cody was different. not bad though.

"okay, never have i ever made a youtube video." their eyebrows raised as they both brought their fingers down.

"touché," noel groaned. cody chuckled and we continued to play this way until one of us had no fingers left. the loser had to take three shots of vodka. and guess who the loser was?

"you ready to do this faelecia?" noel asked, placing the three glasses in front of me. i sighed and picked up the first glass. before i shot it, cody spoke up,

"wait! let's make this more interesting." we both cocked our eyebrow in confusion and let cody continue.

"do a shot off of me," noel clapped his hands and started to yell with excitement.

"yes! do it fae! don't be a pussy!" cody raised his eyebrow and came closer to me.

"what are the rules?" he pulled me into the kitchen and pulled a lime out of fridge. he cut them into slices and took three of them.

"not a full body shot, but just take the lime from my mouth each time. got it?" i nodded and watched him put half of the lime in his mouth. i sighed and poured the first shot in my mouth, letting the liquid quickly glide down my throat. i pulled cody by the collar of his black t-shirt and pressed our lips, grabbing the lime from his mouth and biting into it. when i let go, i removed the rind from my mouth. cody stood there with an even bigger grin on his face.

"one down, two more to go." noel watched us in amusement. i shot the vodka and grabbed cody by the shoulders, repeating the process of receiving the lime. he chuckled through the kiss and watched me bite and remove the rind once more.

"last one!" noel chanted. the vodka slid down my throat, and just before i could reach cody, he had grabbed me by the waist and connected our lips. there was no lime in his mouth this time, just our lips. it shocked me, but it wasn't terrible. when we broke, he looked into my eyes and his smile was half showing.

"woah, calm down guys!" noel laughed, dropping his empty beer can on the nearest table. he seemed all drowsy and tired.

"noel, do you need to go to bed?" he fell into the couch and shook his head yes. i sighed and pulled him back up on his feet.

"cmon, lets get you to bed then." his arm wrapped around my shoulder for support as i walked him into his room down the hall. i let him slowly fall on his bed and threw the covers over him.

"happy birthday dude," i whispered, before walking out of the bedroom, closing the door behind me. cody was leaning against the door frame to the guest room.

"so, who are you sleeping with tonight?" he snickered. it was a husky snicker. i rolled my eyes and pushed past him into the room. i removed the cardigan i was wearing to reveal my tank top.

"you're sleeping in that?" he asked, not removing his eyes from the shirt.

"yep, you sleeping in that?" i mocked. he rolled his eyes and quickly threw the shirt over his head. now his bare chest was exposed. my lips parted as i practically stared. his muscles were prominent, but not in the "there's way too many". he had a very nice physique.

"does that answer your question?" i slowly nodded and finally closed my mouth. i looked down and my thin black leggings and sighed.

"i get the right side of the bed and you get the left." my order wasn't that serious to him.

"okay, whatever." his grey sweatpants hugged his legs perfectly. i got into bed and threw the covers over my cold body. cody came in beside me, stealing the pillow from underneath my head. groaning, i turned to face away from him and started mumbling curse words.

"just because you turned around doesn't mean i can't hear you." rolling my eyes, i closed my eyes.

"night," i whispered. cody replies with the same thing and turned the lights off.

"can i have my pillow back?" i asked quietly.

"nope," i sighed again and reached over to his side, trying to find the pillow. yet, my hand landed on his pec. my first reaction was a quick little gasp, which cody definitely heard. my eyes felt heavier and heavier, until i could feel myself losing it. i was gonna pass out soon, i was that tired.

without a pillow, i stirred to get comfortable. after a final move, i landed my head right on cody's chest. it worked well as a pillow, but i didn't want to make him uncomfortable by doing this. i didn't even wanna do it myself, it was very comfortable so i decided to wait a minute before turning. but before i could, two strong arms wrapped around me. one on my waist and one behind my back. cody let our one final whisper,

"night fae,"