chapter seven

noel and i watched the first iron man, a quiet place, and then we just threw on the office. a weird thing that my apartment complex did was turn the heating on during the day, and then turn the AC on during the night.

"noel, i'm cold..." momentarily, i shivered. noel shifted around until i felt him toss his sweatshirt at me. i got up and threw it over my body, playing with the long sleeves and even longer torso engulf my body. noel laughed and watched as i sat back down, in between his legs. my back leaned up against his chest, i felt his arms wrap around my stomach, clasping together. i snuggled up tighter to noel as we both shared laughs while watching the office.

"noel...?" i asked silently, watching as his hands slid down to my thighs.

"yeah, what's up?" i tilted my head back to make somewhat eye contact with him.

"can we watch some that's cringe?" he chuckled, causing a vibration to run down his chest and up my spine.

"yeah, sure," i grabbed the remote and backed out of netflix and onto youtube. the first video on my recommended was the "that's cringe: ajit pai".

"you've seen this one?" i nodded and noel's hand ran up and down my thighs. it felt real nice. i hummed in satisfaction and closed my eyes, rubbing my hands up his arms.

"what time is it?" i asked. noel grabbed his phone and checked the screen.

"it's like quarter to three right now, why, you tired?" i shook my head no and turned so that i was laying chest to chest on noel. i looked up at him and saw as he flashed me a cheeky smile. i giggled and softly slapped both my hands on his cheeks. he grunted and then chuckled, rubbing his hands up and down my back.

"you need to shave," i commented, smoothing my fingers over his stubble and somewhat moustache.

"yeah, i'm gonna do that soon. but i'm a lazy old man right now, so no need." i laughed and rested my cheek on his chest, feeling his chest rise up and down.

"how long do humans laugh for? after jokes. and these are jokes?" i erupted into laughter and removed my hands from his cheeks and just wrapped them around his neck.

"you are so comfy." he chuckled and ran his hands through my hair.

"i can say the same about you." i sighed in relief and closed my eyes. i was so comfortable. i assumed noel was starting to fall asleep too, since no laughs were coming from him. then, youtube autoplay must have put on walkman, which is what i peacefully fell asleep to.

~~

waking up to the feeling of noel playing with my hair. i groaned and rubbed my eyes. i looked up at noel, who flashed me another smile.

"how long have you been awake?" he checked his phone and shrugged.

"just about an hour. did you know that you snore?" i rolled my eyes and got up, stretching and yawning. noel followed suit and stretched his legs.

"well, you did make me feel better, that's for sure. thanks noel." i smiled and saw him do the same. he came up to me and reached his arms out. i wrapped mine around him as he squeezed me in a hug, picking me up off of the floor and spinning me around. i looked at the clock and sighed. noon, already?

"well, wanna go make lunch?" noel nodded and we both walked into the kitchen. he opened the door to the fridge and groaned.

"how about beams on toast?"

"nah, i'm hungry, that's more of a snack, you know?" i nodded and sighed at his picky habits.

"how about i just make grilled cheeses?" noel laughed and nodded.

"yeah bitch! make me a damn sandwich!" he shouted, causing me to erupt in laughter.

"okay russ, calm down." i heard his faint chuckle as he was walking into the living room.

"i'm changing this to the news." i put the pan on the stove and got the sandwiches ready. it took me around ten minutes to make both sandwiches. i walked into the living room with the plates and glanced at noel.

"food is ready!" noel smiled as i handed him the plate.

"so, i think i found a guy for you," noel bit into his sandwich, and continued once he swallowed, "wanna know his name?"

i shrugged and looked around. what about cody? "eh, i think i'll pass. i'm just not in the mood for a relationship right now, you know?"

i saw his facial expression kind of shift into a frown.

"you sure?" i nodded and took a bite into my sandwich.

"yeah, i think i'm all good for now. i'm still pretty young." pursing his lips, he nodded and sighed.

"it's your call, but just know that i have people you'd totally be good with!" my mind started racing. what if noel found about cody and i?!

"well!" i blurted, catching noel's attention. "i... uhh, i have a date tonight actually." 

noel's eyes lit up and he put his plate on the ground, standing up and walking around.

"dude!" he shouted, causing me to jump. "what's his name?"

i was at a loss for words. just think of a male name that isn't cody, and you'll be good. noel looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and tilted his head.

"his name is... cory." noel brought his hand out and high fived me.

"yes! fae, i am so proud of you, you'll have to tell me all about it after." i nodded sheepishly and half smiled.

"how'd you meet cory?" i bit my lip in concentration and thought even longer than normal.

"we met at starbucks. he laughed when he saw how they spelled my name." noel chuckled and crossed his arms.

"way to go! man, this is awesome!" laughing fake again, i looked at the tv. 

"i'm gonna head out now though. i've got a few errands to run, a few sketches to write and all. and you, my friend, have a date to get ready for." we both got up and hugged each other. noel kissed the top of my head, something he's been doing since we got out of high school. 

"alright, bye bitch!" i said as he walked out the door, laughing. he turned around one last time and waved at me, before finally turning around and walking towards the elevators. i closed the door and locked it.

"why am i such a piece of shit?" i asked myself quietly. i plopped onto the couch and groaned, searching for my phone. i brought my feet up on the coffee table and heard a thud on the floor. i looked and saw my phone on the ground, face up. my screen light up with a text, and i immediately picked it up. 

cody
hey, you doing anything later today? ;)