chapter fifteen

it took a few more hours before faelecia was fully capable of getting all her words out in a full sentence. noel was super patient with her, along with cody and kelsey.

"how do you feel?" kelsey asked, taking note of her heartbeat and all that medical stuff.

"okay... i'm not used to the tube up my nose still..." although she was capable of getting words out, it took her a while. noel held her hand smiled at her. when she told him she loved him as well, it brought so much joy to his heart.

"well, you are stuffed up on painkillers, that probably helps." kelsey laughed, along with cody who joined with her. noels smiled faded to a frown. did she only say that because she was drugged on painkillers? noel squeezed her hand lightly and looked down, biting the inside of his cheek.

"noel..." faelecia took a deep breath in, "what's wrong?"

noel looked into her shimmering blue eyes and smiled small.

"it's nothing... just as long as you're fine." they both smiled. cody walked up to noel and tapped him on the shoulder.

"could... could i get a moment alone with her?" cody asked. noel nodded and squeezed her hand before getting up and walking out of the room. kelsey followed him as they made small talk outside.

"faelecia, im really sorry for being a complete asshole that day. i was mad and i was way too upset at you in general when i should of controlled myself. you are a great friend and i don't ever wanna lose you or come close to losing you like we just did." he purses his lips and looked up at her. she looked at cody sympathetically and placed her hands on his cheeks. cody was confused. was she going to slap him? tears fell down her cheeks and she started to sob. cody knit his eyebrows in confusion and moved closer to see what was wrong.

"fae, don't cry. what's the matter?" he asked, but she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"i'm just... the painkillers are making me emotional. and... and i'm just happy that you said sorry because i'm sorry too. i shouldn't of gone out with noel, and i should've just gone home and done nothing. i shouldn't have disobeyed noels asking. i betrayed all of you... and i deserved what i got." cody gasped and hugged her tighter, gently rubbing her back.

"no! you deserved none of that. we all make mistakes. and that's all that was, a mistake. and it's totally fine, you don't need to apologize for going out with noel. at least he actually took you out on a date. and he probably enjoyed it more than i would of." cody slightly chuckled at his remark and broke his hug with faelecia.

"what do you mean he enjoyed it more than you would of?" cody wiped away a few of her stray tears and smiled small at her.

"just trust me, noel really enjoyed the date." he kissed her cheek and opened the door, letting noel know that he was done. kelsey and noel walked back in. noel immediately noticed she was crying.

"fae, why are you crying?" noel sat down beside her immediately and started stroking her hand.

"cody and i just had a heart to heart is all, speaking of which, cody and kelsey, could we have a moment alone?" they both left the room, glad that they could talk again.

"what's on your mind?" noel started to worry, hoping this was a good talk and not a bad one.

"noel... im so sorry for not listening to you and going on that date with cody. i don't know what got into me, i should have just listened and if it weren't for me none of us would be stuck in this fucking hospital!" again, tears started to fall down her red cheeks. noel leaned in and wiped them away. then he hugged his best friend and whispered sweet nothings in her ear.