chapter five

noel stayed longer, which i enjoyed. i hated being alone and noel was my favourite company. we always had something to talk about and it was never awkward between the both of us. i was laying on him completely now, just blankly watching the dumbest youtube videos. he laid down and i was laying a little bit above his legs.

"why did you leave the party so early?" i moved my head so that we could lol at each other.

"i had work to do," i lied, watching as he rolled his eyes. he shook his head no and put his hands behind his head.

"you said you were watching videos since you got home. no work has been done. what was the real reason?" i sighed and met with his eyes again. they were hard not to stare into to. 

"because... because i didn't want to lead cody on." it was very obvious when i lied, but this time noel couldn't tell. "i mean, it was fun cuddling with someone who isn't you, no offense, but i was thinking maybe he was starting to come onto me and i didn't want to send him the wrong message."

noel nodded and bit the inside of his cheek. he moved his hand from behind his head and put it on the small of my back, rubbing my back a little.

"so you don't like cody?" i shook my head no and buried my face in his chest. 

"well then, i guess you're just going to have to friendzone him." we both kind of snickered. i got up and just sat on noel's chest for a second. he chuckled and shoved me onto the couch. i yelled quickly and he stood on top of me. we were both laughing our heads off as he helped me get up since i was pushed into a weird position. 

"well, i think i'm gonna head out, i just wanted to check on you, make sure you were good and all. see you tomorrow?" i nodded and wrapped my arms around him in a quick hug. he nodded at me one last time before walking out the door and into the hallway, down to the elevator. 

i continued to watch cody and noel's videos until i was at the point of rewatching them. while rewatching the sugar gay video, my phone buzzed on the table. i picked it up, completely confused by who was texting me.

unknown number
hey, how's it going? 

me
um, who's this?

unknown number
who do you think it is? we were just hanging out.

me

noel? 

unknown number
wow, you're different when you're not drunk or slightly hungover.

me

ohh, cody. i see, how the hell did you get my number?

cody
noel gave it to me this morning right before you walked into the kitchen.

me

noel gave it to you or you asked for it? 

cody
i asked for it. and? 

me

i'm not judging or anything, just making sure. anyways, what's up?

cody
nothing much, left noel's place not that long ago after we planned out our next video. hbu? you home alone?

me

just watching that's cringe, laughing my ass off. and yeah, i'm alone, noel left like an hour ago. why?

cody
cause i'm bored as shit and want to do something. can i come over in a few minutes? :)

me

yeah sure, the address is ** ******** **

cody
aight, i'll be over in ten. see you ;)

me

yep, see you

running to my room, i switched out of my sweatpants and into light blue skinny jeans. i looked in the mirror and ran my hands through my hair quickly, giving it the perfect amount of mess to it. i kept my grey spaghetti strap on and walked out of my room. while waiting for cody to get here, i thought about what noel said. he didn't want me to go out with cody. that i get, but still, he's not the one to tell me who i can and can't date. who even says that cody and i are gonna click, we're just friends too. my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of cody knocking on the door. i turned the volume on the tv down and opened the door, smiling at the sight of cody in front of me. 

"hey!" i cheered, moving over to let him inside. he walked in and quickly looked me up and down.

"wow, you look really nice..." i smiled in appreciation and closed the door, walking to the couch. cody followed, turning to the tv. he chuckled and then turned his attention back to me.

"isn't it good?" he pointed at himself on screen. i rolled my eyes and nodded. i sat criss-cross on the couch, facing him as he did the same, mocking me. 

"okay so what's the gossip?!" he asked, mimicking a high school girl. i giggled and bent forward in laughter, having my forehead touch the top of his knee. when i raised up from laughing, i could see cody with a large smile on his face. i caught my breath and put my hand on the exposed part of his leg, caused by his ripped jeans. 

"jesus, i don't get how you and noel are both funny like that." i shrugged, watching as cody ran a hand through his thick hair. 

"i have no clue either, but you yourself are hilarious too!" he complimented, causing me to blush. he noticed and smirked, biting the inside of his mouth.

"to be honest, i think is rubbing off on me." i laughed, watching as he nodded. we both turned to the tv as a new video popped up.

"whattup choderinos!" turning from on screen cody to real life cody, i burst into laughter again. for some reason everything seemed funny to me.

this time, when i got up, cody was a little closer, looking at me with his grey eyes looking into mine. his handn came to the side of my face, pulling me closer. his lips came crashing into mine, and it felt even better than it did last night. i guess the affect of alcohol made me fall for him faster.