chapter eleven

(shoutout to @tmg_fucks on ig [ liiiiiils on wattpad]  for helping me write this story and co writing this story with me! ilysm!)

noel and faelecia pulled into the restaurant at the same time as cody. faelecia was no longer guilt ridden about lying to noel. it was pretty clear they both had feelings for each other. they both met up with cody at the front of the restaurant. it was a basic place, not fast food but not fancy either. noel smiled at cody, whole him and fae exchanged an awkward glance.

"shall we?" noel asked, and they both nodded. a lady showed them to their table as far and cody both mutually decided to have noel sit in between them.

"so, cody, how you feeling?" noel initiated conversation. cody glanced at faelecia before answering.

"i'm okay, i mean, food poisoning is a bitch you know. i think i might just get a salad." faelecia looked down, somewhat ashamed. she forgot how much cody meant to her. he was an incredibly nice guy, and he was very charming. but there was noel, who gave her the affection she wanted and treated her so right. she was conflicted.

"yeah, i feel you dawg. speaking of unfortunate events, guess who got stood up last night?" cody raised his eyebrows and looked at faelecia.

"who?" he asked, acting very curious. noel looked at faelecia, sighing.

"faelecia did. i mean, what kind of asshole doesn't even show up for a date with someone so amazing?!" noel chuckled, seeming angry. only angry that someone had the audacity to hurt her feelings.

"wow..." cody looked at her in total shock. she was impressed by his acting ability. "i can't believe that happened to you. i'm really sorry..."

faelecia smiled at the apology cody made to her. even if it was simple, she couldn't be mad at him.

"cody, can i talk to you for a second?" fae asked. cody nodded and turned to noel.

"would you mind ordering the drinks for us? i'll take an iced tea." cody asked, causing noel to nod. he wondered what they were going to chat about.

"i'll take the same, thanks noel!" she and cody got up, walking over to the front entrance. noel was still in sight.

"hey, so about last night, i get you had food poisoning and everything, but you could of texted me. i was really hurt cody, the lady at the restaurant was even sympathizing for me. it was really embarrassing. you had all night to text me and you didn't say anything. i wouldn't have known if noel hadn't told me." she looked awkwardly at her hands, waiting for cody's response. he sighed and put his hand on her shoulder.

"fae, you have no idea how much i felt like a piece of shit. i should of texted you or even called, but you didn't text me and i thought you didn't wanna hear from me. i really am sorry, please." she looked into his greenish brown eyes and smiled.

"it's fine, i just hung out with noel after. he cheered me up." cody knit his eyebrows in confusion.

"but noel told me he was on a date last night. how could you have..." faelecia bit her lip as she looked over to noel, who was scrolling on his phone.

"tell me you didn't go on a date with him..." he whispered. she couldn't keep her eyes off the ground.

"faelecia, tell you me you didn't go on a date with noel!" he said louder. she looked him in the eye and sighed.

"cody, let me explain!" cody cut her off immediately, with no hesitation.

"no! i can't believe you're trying to pull the victim card. you made me feel like shit, had noel talk shit about the guy who stood you up, yet you were so quick to hop on noels dick and go on a date with him!" he shouted, causing her to look down in shame and embarrassment.

"please! let me explain cody! it's not what you think!" she pleaded, hoping he would give her a chance to speak.

"no! i've sat through this meal listening to how much of an asshole i am for not showing up. and yes! i should of shown up, but that gives you no right to go on a date with my best friend!" now cody had gotten noels attention.

"that's not fair! he's just as much my best friend as he is yours!" she expressed, but cody only tossed his head back in angry laughter.

"that's not the point!" noel was in full volume range now, walking up to faelecia.

"hey hey hey! what's going on? it looks like fae's gonna cry." noel commented, only causing cody to scoff.

"should i tell him or does his little princess want to break the news?" cody growled. noel furrowed his eyebrows in clear confusion.

"cody what are you talking about?" noel asked, taking a quick glance at faelecia. her eyes glistened with tears, making them shinier.

"cody! please don't!" she begged, but cody was at his boiling point.

"the guy who you were poking fun at and insulting, that was me! i was the one who stood her up, and for obvious reasons! but now i've learned that she turned around and took you for a spin. i'm leaving, i've had enough, and i refuse to deal with this bullshit!" cody was on the verge of yelling at this point.

"and you," he pointed to noel, "the next time you want to snag someone else's girl, check and make sure the paps aren't there, dumbass!"

cody stormed out of the restaurant as faelecia stood there, staring at the ground. noel spoke up,

"what the fuck fae?! it was cody who stood you up?! the one person i asked you not to go out with and you do exactly that! he said the paparazzi saw us?" he pulled his phone out and checked, groaning as he saw pictures of them kissing. he was so filled with rage that she was going to go out with cody that his feelings for her weren't gonna stop him from going off.

"noel..." she cried, "i'm sorry, i don't know what came over me!"

her weeping still wasn't affecting noel. he was in a full blown rage.

"what am i to you?! a fucking toy?! you think you can pick me up when you're bored and throw me away when you find another boy toy? well that's not gonna happen anymore! i'm done!" noel stormed off, but fae caught hold of his wrist, pulling him back.

"please, noel, don't leave me! i made a mistake, im so sorry, but i need you more than ever right now! i don't know what i'd do without you!" she cried, but noel only ripped his hand from her grip.

"well you better figure it out."