chapter eight

my eyes lit up as i unlocked my phone and texted cody.

me
nah, i was just gonna text you. wanna go out on a date tonight? :))

cody
of course! a restaurant? how about bavel, at 6 tonight? we'll meet ;)

me
yeah, sounds perfect!  can't wait, see you then!!

i started freaking out, jumping around and squealing. cody and i were going out on a date! i glanced at the clock. it was quarter after three already. cody and i were meeting at six, so i wanted to get ready at five. i smiled at the fact that i had a date tonight, but then that faded away when i thought of the fact that i lied to noel and broke his promise. my thoughts were corrupting me, so i decided to take a nap and set my alarm for four forty-five. i laid down on the couch and turned the tv off. thinking about distrusting noel, it got really hard to try and sleep. so, to help me fall asleep, i replayed cody and i's kiss yesterday. i smiled, and soon enough i was fast asleep.

~~

cringing at the sound of my alarm, i quickly turned it off. groaning, i got up and yawned. it was quarter to five. i decided to take a shower to remove all the grossness i had all over me. i grabbed my phone and played some music before stripping off my clothes and turning the water on. i made it cold just to close my pores. yeah, pathetic, i know. i hopped in and quickly shampooed my hair, put in conditioner and slathered myself with shea butter scented soap. my phone went quiet for a second, indicating i got a text. i rinsed my hair once more before turning the water off and wrapping a towel around my hair. then i grabbed my second towel and wrapped it around my body. i wiped my hands off on my towel and checked my phone.

noel
have you started getting ready? what time is your date?

me
yeah, i just hopped out of the shower. it's at six, so i'm gonna start doing my makeup and getting dressed soon.

noel
niceee! good luck fae, i hope it goes well!

me
thanks noel, it means a lot, love ya!

noel
love you too

i put my phone down and dried my hair with the towel. it was still damp so i tied my body towel together and walked into my room, grabbing my blow dryer and bringing it into the bathroom. plugging it in, i blew my hair until it was fully dry. then i styled it, brushing it through and  then grabbing the curling wand. it took me around fifteen minutes to do my hair, then i was getting my outfit ready. it was now five thirty and i was rushing. i found a nice, red dress in my closet that went just below the knee. i paired it with white high heels. then i walked back to the bathroom and applied my makeup.

i went for a natural look, so i applied foundation and did my mascara. i looked in the mirror, satisfied with my look. then i checked my phone and saw it was five fifty-five. i grabbed my purse and dropped my phone in, grabbed my keys and left the apartment. i smiled and got to my car, starting the engine. before actually getting on the road, i put the coordinations in for bavel.

"make a left and turn onto mulholland drive." i listened to the machine and turned on to the street, and continued following the directions. i pulled into the restaurant, and it was five after six. i was just a little late, but there's nothing wrong with making the boys wait. i opened the door and was greeted by a greeter.

"hi! do you have a reservation?" she asked. i stuttered and looked around.

"uh, is someone by the name cody here?" she shook her head no and looked down on the paper.

"we do have seats free, but it'll cost an extra twenty dollars. if you want you can wait on the couch for your date to come." she suggested. i nodded and sat in the couch, smiling falsely at the greeter. she was very polite and pretty, but now i was getting nervous. i pulled out my phone to see no texts from cody. sighing, i decided to text him.

me
hey, i'm here and i don't know the name that the reservation is under.

the greeter came and sat down beside me, probably waiting for someone else to come in.

"so, are you on a date?" she asked, smiling wide at me. that somewhat cheered me up.

"yeah, i am actually. his name is cody, he's the sweetest and the cutest." she giggled and nodded.

"sounds like he's a hoot," she looked at the doors and sighed as a couple pulled up, "i hope he shows up."

she got up and greeted the couple that walked in. i looked down and back at my phone. it was quarter after six. cody was fifteen minutes late. then my phone buzzed, causing my heart to jump.

Dr. Mario World
Hearts Full! Let's Eliminate Some Viruses!

i groaned and looked out the doors, watching as cars speed by on the road.

i decided to leave at six thirty, so when the time struck, i thanked the greeter and walked into my car. sadness filled my body, as i went on my phone and dialled his number.

"hello?" noel voice rang. i sighed and could feel a tear fall.

"noel..." i couldn't finish my sentence without breaking down.

"wait wait, what happened? why aren't you on your date?" he asked, the line filling with the concern in his voice.

"i got stood up..." the line got quiet and i heard noel sigh.

"come over, my place, right now." he ordered. i wiped my tears away and continued.

"okay, i'll be there soon." we both hung up and i made my way over to noel's place. it was a fifteen minute drive, but i was slowing down to make sure the tears didn't impair my driving. i rolled my eyes now thinking about cody. and i think here is when i would tell noel that it wasn't a guy named cory, but let him now that cody and i were planning on getting together. i pulled into noel's apartment complex and checked myself in the rear view mirror. my makeup hadn't smeared, luckily, so i got out of the car, locked the door and walked inside. i got up to noel's floor and knocked on his door.

"just a minute!" he yelled, and i heard shuffling around. i waited for a while until the door opened.

"oh my..."