chapter twenty

(last chapter!)

2 years later

        "fuck am i ever nervous!" she tied up the back of her light pink dress from behind.

"noel, could you help?" she called out, hearing him run out of the bathroom, with his tie half on and his button up shirt unbuttoned.

"my oh my, you look fucking tasty!" he growled, tying the back laces of her bridesmaid dress into a ribbon. she giggled and turned around, examining his toned chest. her eyes slowly went up to his, smirking when they finally made contact. noel leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

"want me to help you put your tux on?" she asked, straightening the button up.

"no, i want you to help me take it off." he joked, running his hands along her curves, just like when they went on their date after cody had stood her up.

"in all seriousness, i love you!" she smiled, circling her arms around noels chest.

"wait! so for the past two years you've been saying it not seriously?" he mocked, chuckling right after. she let go of the hug and teasingly grabbed on to the buttons at the bottom of his shirt, neat his groin. she heard his breath hitched, only rewarding herself for her sinful behaviour towards the man. purposely letting her fingers linger, she pushed the rounded button threw the small slit of his shirt, slowly doing it until he had three more buttons left. they never broke eye contact, just losing each other's gazes. she focused on his hazel eyes as he focused on her shimmering blue ones.

"you can button the rest," she whispered, walking towards the long mirror of the hotel room. posing in the dress, she smiled at her looks.

"you do look beautiful." noel walked into the reflection, pressing the bottom of his chin to the top of her head. the buttons on his shirt were done up, and his tie as well. she loved it when noel dressed up, which he rarely ever did. if noel has the choice, he'd stick to black t-shirts and jeans everyday. so whenever he dressed for formally, she took those moments to acknowledge him and take pictures together. she snapped a quick mirror selfie of the both of them, throwing her phone back on the bed.

"you ready?" he asked her, slipping into his dress shoes. she put her naked heels on and grabbed onto noels shoulder for balance.

"ready as i'll ever be." noel wasn't surprised by her answer. he knew that she got anxious when she was excited. it was just a bad side of her anxiety.

"everything will be fine. nothing's gonna go wrong." noel snatched the keycard from off the table as they both walked out of the hotel room and down to the lobby. the church was only a block away from the hotel, and since it was so nice outside, they decided to walk.

"you know where cody is?" she wondered out loud. noel wrapper a protective arm around her waist as they stepped into the warm, august air.

"probably in the sacristy. i know kelsey is in the hall, still getting ready. you wanna go check on cody?" he asked her, watching her nod her head.

"yeah, i know exactly how nervous he is." their walked continued for a few more minutes, until they reached the church doors. noel was lost, never having been in this specific church. yet, on a family trip, her parents went to mass in this church.

"the sacristy is right here." she said, knocking on the door.

"come in!" yelled cody. noel pushes the door open and allowed faelecia to walk in, closing the door behind him.

"we thought you'd might be nervous, so we came in here to check on you." faelecia said, walking towards the man who was continuously tying and untying his tie out of frustration.

"cody, i need you to look at me..." she said, grabbing his hand softly. cody slammed his tie on the table and sighed, looking over at faelecia.

"let me tie your tie for you, you keep on stressing over it." calmly, she reached for the tie, watching as cody pointed his head up. she wrapped the fabric around his neck and placed it under his opened collar, tying it perfectly around his neck. she folded his collar over the tie and smoothed his shirt.

"see, handsome!" she exclaimed, watching as the small smile rugged at cody's lips.

"i'm sorry, i'm just so stressed i wanna look perfect for her!" noel smiled at that, knowing how to call cody down.

"dude, just remember that kelsey is going through the same thing right now. she's probably doing her makeup over and over again just so it's perfect for you. she loves you, and she'll think you look good no matter what." he rubbed cody's back and reaches for faelecias hand. he chuckled as he played with the wedding band on her finger, thinking of their magical day.

"buddy, you go on in five, better get everything perfect." noel par him on the back before leave the sacristy with fae on his arm. they got in their right spots, knowing they'd be walking each other down the isle. then cody would be walked down the aisle by his parents, and same with kelsey. cody came rushing out of the room and into his place.

"you ready?" faelecia pumped him up, tossing her hand up for a high five. he smacked her hand and jumped in the air once.

"now i'm ready." the doors opened and the first set of groomsmen and bridesmaid walked down. right before faelecia and noel were to walk down, cody's mom and dad came to his side, whispering and laughing with him. when it was their cue, noel looked at faelecia approvingly, waiting for her to nod. then, in unison, they both pronounced:

"it's showtime!"