chapter ten

the morning after faelecia and noel's date, faelecia woke up first. she turned around to see noel sound asleep. his mouth was slightly open, causing her to giggle. she could see that he sort of drooled when he slept. quiet snores escaped his parted lips. she booped his nose before leaving the bedroom, but not without a quick kiss on the cheek. funny how noel wasn't waking up. when she got out of bed, she realized she was almost completely naked. nothing but her underwear. then she remember what happened last night, about all the awful sin her and noel committed in bed. it made her laugh. she covered her bare chest with her arms as she walked to noels closet. there, she found his green sweatshirt. she removed it from the hanger and tossed it over her body. the bed shifted, causing her to look over. noel was stirring, now reaching for a pillow to cuddle, only hoping it could be faelecia. she walked out of the room to go make breakfast. her mood had changed so much, she was happy that she got to go on a date with noel. her feelings for him were always somewhat there, but she was way too scared of losing him. they've been friends for over ten years, and neither of them wanted to put their friendship to the test.

she walked into the kitchen and started gathering ingredients for pancakes. as she started cooking, noel was getting up. he was saddened to see that faelecia wasn't asleep beside him. he hoped she hadn't left either, so he got out of bed, wearing nothing but his boxers. he walked over to his pants drawer to find a pair of sweats. what he wasn't expecting to find was faelecia's lace bra hanging from the dresser. he smirked, happy that him and fae shared that extra bit of intimacy. he wasn't so sure on where they stood, but he knew that he at least got to pretend to be her boyfriend, and he could suffice with that for a while. he grabbed a pair of his sweatpants and pulled them up to his waist. he could start to smell food being made, so he knew that faelecia was still there, bringing a smile up to his lips. walking out of his bedroom, he followed the smell into the kitchen. he stood in awe as he saw the girl he was madly in love with wearing his sweatshirt and making pancakes. her back was facing him, so he walked up to her and hugged her from behind. she squealed from his cold arms but then got used to it. he pressed a kiss to her cheek and rested his head on top of hers. despite noel being five foot eight, he was quite taller than fae. she was probably four inches shorter than him.

"morning," his raspy morning voice gave her fantastic chills.

"morning noel," he still hadn't let go of the hug, but fae didn't mind. noel wasn't bugging her whatsoever. he was warming her.

"you look so cute in my sweatshirt, i gotta say. especially since you aren't wearing pants." they both laughed as faelecia slid her spatula under a pancake and flipped it.

"you're too sweet! my hairs all messy and makeup is off." she protested, but noel disagreed.

"that's when you're the cutest. in your natural glow." her cheeks flushed an intense red as noel complimented her. of course she loved compliments, everyone does, but she felt different every time noel did it.

"so... last night, did we-"

"yes, yes we did." he answered, causing her to nod. she wasn't mad, she just wanted confirmation.

"okay, now that you say it i can start to remember bits of it." she stated. noel nodded and watched her turn the element off and put the pan in the sink, cooling it off with cold water. when she turned around, she was shocked to see noels bare chest. god is he ever toned! she thought, i just wanna state at him all day. he caught on that she was staring at him, admiring his pecs. he chuckled and looked at the food she made. they both grabbed plates and filled them up with fluffy pancakes. sitting at the table, they both dug in.

"wow! these are so good!" noel muffled through the food in his mouth. faelecia smiled at him and started to drizzle syrup on her pancakes.

"thank you!" her eye caught his messy hair. it looked fluffy, and some pieces fell in front of his forehead to make it look like he has bangs.

"you kinda look like an edgy teenager like that." she commented, pointing to his hair with a fork. just to annoy her, noel ran his hands through his hair to prevent further humiliation. faelecia sighed and groaned.

"but i liked making fun of you!" she laughed, listening as noel joined along.

"i guess you'll have to come over here and mess it up then, huh?" he taunted, yet fae only raised her eyebrows at his waver.

"i guess i'm gonna have to," she got up from her seat and ran towards noel, who had already gotten up and ran to the couch. she tackled him into the cushions as they bought fought over noels hair. her arms reached for his head but he got a hold of her wrist before she could touch him. noels first instinct was to push her back and pin her onto the couch, which is exactly what he did. her wrists pushed up against the fabric of the couch was a big disclaimer that noel was in full power right now, which they both enjoyed. they stared each other dead in the eye, before noel leaned in for the kiss. their lips moved in perfect harmony as noel slowly let go of her hands. they instantly shot to his chest as she started tracing every line on his chiseled chest. once they both latched off, they started laughing hysterically. they didn't know why, just something they both did. noels phone buzzed in his room.

"gimme a second," he kissed her cheek and walked off. fae sat there, completely bamboozled after having made out with her best friend.

"it's cody," noel shouted from his bedroom, "he wants to have lunch with us. he said he got food poisoning yesterday and just wants to chill with his buds."

and that's when faelecia learned why cody stood her up.