chapter six

when cody and i latched off in unison, he pushed me into the cushions of the couch and crawled on top of me. i wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and pulled myself towards him, connecting our lips together. he grunted lowly against me as we ran our hands through each other's hair. cody stopped for a moment and moved his eyes up from my lips to my eyes. he smiled and pressed a soft kiss to my cheek.

"hey... this may sound weird but, can we not tell noel about this?" i breathed, my eyes darting from cody's lips to his eyes.

"no not at all. weird you ask that because noel even told me that we shouldn't get together. when he said that, i just couldn't resist." i laughed and watched as he came a little closer to me.

"noel told me the same thing. don't worry." my hand went up to his thick hair, which was very fun to play with. i got up and sat in cody's lap. he chuckled and wrapped his hands around my waist. the silence was kindly lightening the mood until we both heard music coming from the tv. i turned to see what it was, and all i saw was "cuddle bug-cody ko". it was an audio video.

"cuddle bug? really?" i mocked. cody rolled his eyes and pressed his lips to mine again, feeling my smile through the kiss. i latched off to listen to the song. it wasn't totally what i expected.

"hey, wanna recreate the chorus of the song?" he winked, rolling backwards so that i laid on top of him. i giggled and rested my head on his chest, feeling him press a kiss to my cheek. we were both giggling and laughing until my phone buzzed in my pocket. i pulled it out and saw a text.

noel
hey fae, did i leave my snapback at your place?

i looked on the table and saw a black hat sitting on it.

me
yeah, it's on the table. i'll come over tomorrow and drop it off, sound good?

noel
why not have me come and pick it up. i know how desperate you are for company lmao

me
i just have a really bad migraine right now and i'm just laying in bed and shit, you feel me? i'm probably gonna go to bed soon anyways. i'll for sure come over tomorrow though

noel
yeah, shit sounds tight. feel better fae, text me if you need anything, love ya, night.

me
thanks man, see you tomorrow noel, love ya too.

"what did he want?" cody asked, watching me out my phone down.

"he left his snapback here, so i'm just gonna drop it off to him tomorrow. we usually visit each other every day, so sometimes we find dumb excuses to see each other." i got up to my feet and stretched, yawning. cody took this as his cue to leave.

"wow, you two really are best friends." i walked up to the door with cody and just nodded.

"yep, ever since high school." i went to go open the door, but cody had different ideas. he grabbed my arm and backed me up into the door, pressing his lips against mine. my eyes instantly closed and i used my free hand to travel into his hair. his hand darted to the small of my back, pulling me closer to his body. he let my arm go and placed his other hand on the back of my neck. when we both let go, cody smirked and walked out the door. i felt the hot blush cross my cheeks and went to go grab my phone.

me

noel? can you stay the night and bring me some mcdonalds? pleaseeeeeee!

noel
yeah sure of course, i'll be right there, whaddya want? same as usual?

me

yes pleasee! thank you so much noel! i'll pay you back when you get here! thank you so muchhh!

noel
ayy, no problem fae, anytime.

me
💕

i got out of my skinny jeans and threw my sweatpants back on. i took of my tank top and pulled a sports bra over my chest. after i put my hair in a bun and walked back into the living room. sitting on the couch, i turned on the office and just closed my eyes, replaying my kisses with cody. god, was he ever the best kiss i've ever had. the way he pushed me into the couch and held me down while he kissed me still gave me butterflies. i giggled to myself and pictured when he pushed me to the wall and kissed me. were we a thing now? or were we just friends who did couple things? speak of the devil, my phone buzzed and i got a text from cody.

cody
hey, i know you're probably asleep right now or getting ready for bed, but fae, i can't stop thinking about what we did. i hope this turns into something greater, goodnight. ;)

me

same here, it was amazing! i'm gonna head to bed now, hopefully, we can meet up again :)

cody
for sure, see ya!

i left him on opened and swiped out of my messages. now, watching the office, i waited for noel to come knocking on the door. i checked the clock and saw it was eleven twenty-six. even just looking out the window it was almost dark outside. ten minutes passed and noel knocked on the door.

"come in," i shouted, and then the door opened. noel walked in with a smile on his face and a bag of McDonald's in his hand. i smiled at him and stood up, going up to him. he passed me the bag, which i deposited on the living room table. removing his black vans, he walked into the living room and plopped himself on the couch.

"so, how do you feel?" he asked, waiting for me to come to the couch. i closed and locked the door.

"i feel better, i took an extra strength, now it's just pounding a little." noel nodded and started removing the food from the bag.

"here is your double cheeseburger, your iced tea, and your fries." i smiled and thanked him.

"so how much do i owe you?" he shook his head no, removing his food from the bag.

"nah, don't worry. i'm just doing you a favor." i wrapped him arms around him and hugged him.

"i never tell you how thankful i am for you. you will forever be my best friend." he chuckled and rubbed my back. then, he looked at me and checked my face.

"woah woah woah, you're burning up." he stated, placing his hands on my cheek. 

"it's just hot in here." noel agreed, removing his sweatshirt. i examined his black and white polka dot shirt, biting the inside of my cheek.

"so, what are our plans for tonight?" noel asked. i smiled and pointed to the tv.

"movie night?" i suggested, watching as noel smirked.

"hells to the yeah!"