Chapter 13

Frankie's P.O.V.
Joe and Nick have been home for about three weeks now. It's good to have them around again. Pippa got back home about two weeks ago. Joe's birthday will be next week. I'm happy we can all celebrate it together and not like what happened with dad and mom's birthdays.

She was ecstatic when she heard the news about Joe and Nick moving back home. Even if it's only for a little while.

Tomorrow is Monday and I'm not really excited to go to school. Sadly I got to go. Keep my grades up and all.

Pippa wants to go too. She says she's ready. I won't let her out of my sight if she does. I trust her. I do. I don't trust the other students. People can be really mean. Especially to people who have it better in their eyes and who need to be put some steps down. I'm sure Pippa has got a lot of girl enemies who'd like to see her go down.

She doesn't see it. She only wants to get out of here. Can't really blame her for wanting to get out of the house and away from the five people constantly watching her back.

At dinner time, our parents let her know that she is allowed to go. Joe protested immediately and Nick refused to eat any further unless they promised to keep her home. Who denies a Diabetic his food? No one!

But they are going to let her go. It was final. She'll be out in the harsh world again tomorrow and we can't protect her anymore. Not to our fullest potential at least.

The night goes by quickly and before I know it my alarm is already blaring its way too annoying beeps to tell me to get up for school. It's 6:30 in the morning! Let a guy sleep!

I decided I might as well get up. I take a quick shower and get dressed.

"Morning." Joe and Nick are up and dressed as well. "Where are you going? You don't have school? Wait. Why are you up? Are you feeling okay? Are you sick?" I put my hand on Joe's forehead. He slaps it away.

"We've got to practice, thank you very much."

"Good morning Pippa." Mom greets from behind the kitchen island. I hadn't even seen her yet.

"I forgot how early we had to get up. Why did you allow me to go again?" Pippa asks tiredly.

"You wanted to go. So come on, eat your breakfast." Mom put some light breakfast together for her that she is capable of eating.

Mom has been doing all the research there is so she can help Pippa the best she can. I still find it difficult to believe that she's anorexic and bulimic, because indirectly, it is our fault. We are to blame for her diseases.

"Chop, chop, Frankie. Dad will take you two to school." Dad entered the kitchen and gave mom a kiss. "Keep that in the bedroom please. Or at least away from breakfast. Thank you very much." Everyone laughs at my comment.

I know I'm funny. You don't have to let me know that.

"Hurry up Frank. I'm leaving in two minutes and either you are in the car or you're walking." Dad tells me.

"But we can't walk to school!" I exclaim. "So you better hurry up." Dad says.

I shove the last few bites into my mouth and give mom a quick kiss and go to grab my backpack.

"Have fun at school honey." I hear mom talk to Pippa as I reach for my backpack on the ground and for my coat.

"Have a good day." Dad greets mom, most likely with a kiss again. It almost makes me gag.

Pippa slaps the back of my head with a wide grin. "They are cute and happy. Be glad they are. They could have been fighting over our situation. I know it happens." She says sadly.

"I know. I am thankful for that. I just wish they wouldn't do that so early on a monday morning." She lets out a laugh.

"It's way too early for your comments." She says.

"It's way too early for your retorts." I fire back.

"It's way too early for any of your conversations." Dad laughs walking into the hallway. "Let's get this show on the road." Pippa and I share a look.

Last time I heard him say that was when we were taking Pippa to the hospital for her diagnoses.

"Dad, you know we are not the Jonas Brothers right? We're not going on tour." Pippa tells him.

"No, I know that. But we've got no time to get into that now. We've got to go. Let's go."

I'm glad she didn't save that memory from when we were taking her to the hospital. Maybe she was too tired and too weak to have even heard it.

We walk out of the house, dad locking the door behind us to be safe and walks us to the car.

I let Pippa take shotgun and we drive off to school. Why did she want to go so bad? All I want is to go back to bed right now.

We get to school quickly. A lot of people are walking around, running around, riding skateboards or chilling together against walls or on benches.

A regular school basically. I go to Middle school and Pippa should be graduating High school this year. Should be, because her grades are on the ground right now.

Luckily our schools are in the same building, meaning I can still keep an eye on her. We don't have the same lunches, but I'll be able to see her during class changes and maybe I might be able to use a bathroom pass when she's on break.

I walk with her to her locker and to her first class. She told me she'd be okay, but I wanted to make sure she got there safely.

She did, which makes it easier for me to leave for my own class. History. How fun on your Monday morning?