Chapter 29

Kevin's P.O.V.
I've been preparing breakfast for over half an hour. It's the least I can do for my wife while she is carrying our baby. I'm so excited to become a dad.

It's very scary. What if I drop him or her? I've got about four or five months to prepare myself until the due date is there.

The doctors can't tell an exact date, but they think the baby will be born at the end of January or at the beginning of February.

A little while later, breakfast is ready and I make my way up into our bedroom to wake up Danielle.

"Honey, breakfast is ready." I give her a loving kiss as she slowly wakes up.

She pushes me off. "I've got morning breath." I chuckle and help her stand up.

"What did you make for me?" She asks me. "Go see for yourself." I respond.

I made her a lot. I've prepared pancakes, eggs, I've got toast, a little bit of porridge with bananas and blueberries and I've cleaned some strawberries.

Danielle sees all the food and turns to me with loving eyes. "This is way too much for all of us." She laughs. "But this is very sweet." She walks up to me and gives me a kiss.

I hold back her seat and help her. She's not showing that much yet, but I've been raised to be a good gentleman.

"Thank you, this looks delicious." She looks around, not knowing where to start before she starts with a strawberry.

I walk over to the coffee machine and grab my cup and sit down across from Danielle to eat with her.

After breakfast we get ourselves ready. We both dress nicely and grab all the stuff we need for their birthdays.

"Are you ready?" I ask Danielle when I'm ready to go.

"I am. Did you grab their presents?" She asks me. I hold up both bags to show her I haven't forgotten about them.

"Twenty-one years old. Who would have thought? I hope he's going to be careful with hi Diabetes in combination with alcohol." I spill my worries to Danielle.

She rests her hand on my shoulder, I've told her everything about the things that are going on at my parents' home and she tries to help me and my mom to her best abilities.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He knows his boundaries, right?" I laugh, but not because I don't believe her. "He only knows his boundaries after he crosses them. Like a few weeks ago. I still haven't figured out if he had a plan a few weeks ago in the bathroom."

She walks over to me and starts caressing my cheek. She directs my head to make me look in her eyes. "He's hit a rough patch, Kev. We'll have to make sure he moves on. He's a grown up now. You can't be there to protect him every second. Soon enough one of them finds a woman and moves out. It's only a matter of time before he moves back into an apartment, whether he goes alone or with someone else." I know she's trying to put some sense into my mind, but I can't help but worry about him. He's my little brother. I have to make sure he at least outlives me.

To not waste more time on my thoughts, we quickly make our way over to the house I've spend some years of my life in.

We enter the house to be greeted by Frankie. He shows us where mom and dad are and we greet them all in the kitchen. Except for Pippa. She isn't there.

Few family members and friends are already present with drinks in their hands. All greeting me and congratulating me with Nick's twenty-firsts birthday.

Danielle hands Nick his present. He opens it with a smile. I haven't seen him without a smile yet today, which feels great. His smile is literally contagious towards everyone in the room.

He thanks Danielle and I for the nice-looking shirts we got him. "Where's Pippa?" Just as Danielle asks our mom, she bounces from the last few staircases and into the kitchen.

She gives us both a hug and we hand her her present as well. She's really happy with the lightened letter box we got her to decorate her room with.

Mom has been silently decorating the whole kitchen with snacks and drinks for everyone, keeping a small side of the kitchen apart with a few extra other sugar free snacks that Nick likes.

Soon more people arrive and it's starting to look like a real party. We moved the party outside, only having to go back in for a snack, because even the drinks were taken outside in a cooler.

I look around to see Pippa talking to our grandma, Joe is talking with an uncle, most likely about cars, Nick is engaged in a conversation with Frankie and dad and mom is in a conversation with our aunt and Danielle, most likely about her pregnancy.

I can't help but smile. It's amazing how we've all moved on from the events a few weeks ago.

But has everyone moved on? I'm a hundred percent sure Pippa hasn't, even though she's doing her best to get better, getting better bit by bit.

Nick hasn't gotten over it as he still struggles, but he's happy now, so that means we're either going the good way, or he's going to have a breakdown within the next few days.

Frankie has stepped up his game and does even more around the house and watches Pippa and Nick more closely in the hope to prevent such event from happening again.

Joe talked all about this girl he met. I like that he's gotten a distraction and he seems to like her. I don't know her, but if this is what she does to him, then I know she's good for him.

The better days are around the corner.