Chapter 75

Pippa's P.O.V.
A knock on the door wakes me from my thoughts. I'm currently listening to music and reading a book at my desk.

"It's open!" I yell to whoever wants to enter.

I turn around as the door opens to reveal dad and mom. "Can we talk to you?" Dad asks me nicely, I point towards my bed for them to take a seat.

"What's up?" I ask them.

"Well, you have seen the interview, haven't you?" Dad asks me. I nod. I have seen that attack on the boys.

"Well, your mom and I are talking about whether we want to the boys to keep low for a while or if we allow them to keep doing performances and interviews." Dad explains.

I nod. "Okay, so what do you need me for?" I ask with a shrug.

"The interviewer didn't only slam our last name, but they talked about you and Frankie in a bad way as well. We'll also talk to Frankie about this when he's back." Mom answers.

"If she said what she said, doesn't that mean there is some kind of truth in there?" I ask them.

"Absolutely not. That interviewer did not have the right to say something like that." Mom says.

"But what she said, that was her truth. I'm sure there are others who share her truth." I explain.

That shuts them up. "And you both saw how Nick and Joe defended us. They'll be fine." I say.

"They hurt you." Mom says.

"They worked so hard to get where they are now. They hurt us in the process, yes, but would you be willing to throw away all your hard work over some interviewer who couldn't keep her mouth shut." And I've got them again.

"No. You wouldn't. I allow the boys to go on with their career." They nod. I know they understand why I said what I said.

With that the conversation is finished.

I'm sure they don't agree though. They don't want us to get hurt and I get their side as well. It's hard being in the middle of something.

A couple hours later there's another knock on my door.

"It's open!" I yell again. "What's up?" I ask as Nick enters my room.

"You've been cooped up in here for a while. I'm sure that's not healthy." Nick says as he flops down on my bed.

"I guess not, but I was busy." I tell him.

"With what? What could you possible be busy with." He lifts himself up a little to smirk at me.

"I was busy reading a book and listening to music." I respond with a pout.

"Boring!" He groans and drops his upper body back on he bed. He's spread out like an eagle.

"Anything particular you came for? Or just to bother me in general?" I ask him as I turn back to my book. Not that I think I can read while he's here.

"Yeah, come over here." I turn to look at him sitting up against my headboard and I get what he's hinting towards.

I grab my book from my desk and walk over.

I sit next to Nick on my bed and we sit there in silence. We enjoy each others company in silence while we both do our own things.

I'm reading a book that's quite interesting to be honest. Nick is probably playing a stupid game on his phone like he usually does.

At some point, and I still don't understand how that happened, Joe and Kevin joined us on my bed, doing nothing.

What still amazes me, is that at some point, Frankie came home from his friends' house and joined us as well.

"Look at that. What a nice family picture." Mom says from the doorway. We all jump a little, not expecting her to be there. At least I hadn't heard her walk upstairs. I normally do.

Usually I can even hear who walks up the stairs. Everyone has a different walk up the stairs. Like mom and dad walk normally. Mom is just lighter. Kevin walks normally, but in his own way. Joe stumps a little harder on the stairs, Nick's run is very light and he skips staircases. Frankie runs and skips staircases as well.

They seem very similar now, but when they're on the stairs, I can for sure hear the difference.

Like a fingerprint. Unique.

"I'd say take it before it's over." Dad says walking by behind mom.

"It's going to end soon anyways. Kevin is going to have a baby!" Joe exclaims jumping on top of Kevin.

"Do you know if it's going to be a boy or a girl yet? Frankie asks him.

Kevin grins cheekily. "So you do know whether it's going to be a boy or a girl!" Nick exclaims.

We all jump over to tickle him.

Soon he's out of breath, but we're not giving up until we know.

"Stop!" He yells once again. "Never!" Joe returns the yell.

After a couple of minutes, he finally caves. "Alright, I'll tell you!" As soon as we stop he jumps from the bed to catch his breath.

"But not without Dani. We have a plan ready to tell all of you at the same time." He explains.

"That seems fair." "I can wait for that." Are some of the responses.

Later that night, Nick and I are alone on the roof.

"I overheard what you said to mom and dad about our career." I wait for him to continue.

"Thank you for that. I can't imagine what it must be like for you. To be talked about like that without you even knowing that person. Or without her even knowing you." He says.

I nod. "But no matter what she says, you're the coolest sister." He adds.

I laugh quietly. "I'm your only sister." I respond.

"And I wouldn't want you any other way." He said.

"I think I've heard that one before." I tell him.

"But you should have said that I'm the coolest brother!"

I hope you liked it :)
Thank you for reading and if you liked it, please let me know with a vote/and or a comment! Bu-bye!

If there's something you'd like to see, please let me know!