Chapter 62

So so so sorry... I'm really trying to update, but it's way too much for me...

Frankie's P.O.V.
The day has finally arrived. The day where Nick is finally coming home. Took him long enough.

He's back to managing his Diabetes on his own. It took a lot of work on both his part and our parts to get him to take care of himself again.

He's back on his pump, meter is attached to the back of his arm and he's good to go.

Dad is busy signing the release forms while Joe is helping Nick put on his shirt. I can see his ribs through his shirt due to the massive weight loss. He looks even tinier than Pippa and that's saying something. Especially with her anorexia and bulimia which she is still dealing with.

After what feels like hours, we finally arrived home. We all got out of the car, we as in dad, Joe, Nick and I, and made our way up to the front door.

I know mom, Kevin, Pippa and Danielle are waiting for us inside. I don't know why mom didn't come with us to pick up Nick, but she had decided that she didn't want to come.

I think she stayed back to bake him his favourite treat and prepare his favourite food for dinner.

Pippa didn't tag along because she simply didn't want to go. I'm guessing she's not alright. Because she's losing interest in the things she likes and she's slowly morphing into a Pippa I know from a while ago. To a Pippa that started starving herself because she thought she was fat and started throwing up because she thought she deserved the pain that it brought.

I haven't rung any bells in the family yet, because I don't want to wake up some sleeping dogs. I might have to do just that if she pulls more of her old tricks. I'll just watch her closely.

We enter the house. I hang up my coat, take off my shoes and walk through the hallway into the living room and throw myself onto the couch.

"Hello to you too, honey." Mom says. I whine like a little child. It was boring and it made me tired. So what? Not a big deal.

Not that my thoughts are making it any better.

My brain activity is like 100%. It goes and goes 24/7 and I don't think only my brains are like that in this family. We all have so much, as we got to know back when we had that family session at the hospital for Nick.

Mom had made us a plate with little food as an appetizer and Danielle had helped her with the drinks and we all got together in the living room.

Nick kept quiet and I think he feels a little overwhelmed. He's not used to this anymore and maybe he feels like this is some pity party for him. 'Oh, we're so glad you didn't succeed and are now back to the same old life you wanted to leave.' Yeah, I can see the fun in that...

Nick crossed his arms in front of his chest as he pretends to listen to the conversation. He feels my stare and looks up a second before going back to staring into nothingness.

Mom tried multiple times to get him to join the conversation, but he wouldn't cooperate. He'd give her short answers and otherwise not respond at all.

After a while, the anger slowly building up, he blew.

"Just leave me the f**k alone!" He yelled. He got up and stormed upstairs. We're all in shock. Up until he got back after the huge fight, I'd never really seen him blow up like this. It's so rare that whenever he does, like he just did, it feels so foreign. So unlike him.

Pippa gets up to go after him, but Joe stops her. "Give him a few minutes. It's too much for him. He'll cool down." She hesitantly sits back down on the couch while we continued the conversation about Danielles pregnancy. She's already showing a stomach and there are only a couple of months left. I still can't believe I'm getting a niece or nephew. We still don't know what it's going to be. We don't even know if they have decided on a name yet for the little one. Whether they might be a boy or a girl.

A couple of minutes later, I decide to go check up on Nick for a change.

I knock on Nick's door. I hear a soft "Enter." and take that as my cue to enter the room.

"I knew it was you." Nick says without looking back at me. He's on his windowsill looking outside. The cold weather and leaves dancing and twirling around as they fall down onto the ground from the trees.

"How?" I ask him. "Pippa, Joe and Kevin would have just waltzed in. Dad's knocks would have had more certainty in them and mom wouldn't knock but ask for me to open the door." Oh the joy of being a part of this family consisting of predictable human beings.

"What do you want?" He asks me kind of rudely. "I want to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine." He answers. "Says every single person on the planet who is not okay." I retort sarcastically.

He doesn't even flinch. "Look. I'm here because I want you to be okay and not feel like how you're feeling." He turns to look at me.

"But that's what this all is, Tank. It's not going to go away. Ever." He explains. "Is that so?" I ask him. He nods sadly.

"So you're not ever going to get better?" I ask him. Yet again, no movement.

"You can at least try to join this conversation Nick. I'm trying everything I can in this damn house to keep this damn family going and you can't even be bothered to at least try and work with me here. I'm sick and I'm tired of running after all of you to make sure you don't hurt yourselves, take care of yourselves and to not let this family fall apart. It would have if I hadn't.." I had so much anger inside of me and I broke. I said a lot of things that I didn't want to say.

"If you didn't what?" He asked me confused.

"If I hadn't given Pippa the ultimatum of choosing between an overdose and me telling on her or for me to keep it a secret and to hand all that stuff to me." Something Pippa and I both had failed to mention to anyone.

I hope you liked it, because I didn't..
I'll try to upload again as soon as I can!
Promise!