Chapter 32

This is unbelievable and incredible!! I reached 10k readers this weekend and am already at 10.6k readers. That's madness!! How? How is that possible?

Thank you all so much for reading and the lovely comments about my story. You have no idea what this does to me and I hope I don't finish this soon, because I love writing this and all thanks to you guys!! Thank you so so much!!

Joe's P.O.V.
Nick fell asleep in my arms. At least I know I can keep him safe right now. With him here close to me.

Dad silently enters the room to check up on us and leaves, knowing we're okay.

"I wish I could have prevented her from going." I whisper mostly to myself, knowing Nick won't hear me anyways.

At some point I hear some rumbling in the room next to me. That's impossible. Pippa her room is next to Nick's.

I slowly untangle myself from Nick. I make sure he is alright before I go check it out.

Entering Pippa's room, I find Kevin looking through her stuff. I watch him for a minute.

"What are you doing?" Kevin jumps around in shock, not really expecting to see me by the door.

"I'm looking for clues. She must have left a note or at least some clues as to where she might have gone too." He explains. I nod. It sounds believable. She might have indeed left some clue somewhere.

Kevin explains to me where he's searched already, the both of continuing his search to a clue.

After a couple of hours, we've literally searched every corner of her room. We even found some spots we didn't know of where she could have hidden stuff, but nothing. We did find some questionable stuff, but nothing that tells us she had been planning her runaway in advance.

I had stepped out a couple of times to check up on Nick, but nothing had changed. Every time I checked up on him, he'd be sound asleep in the position I left him in.

Kevin dragged me downstairs into the kitchen to grab ourselves some lunch.

While Kevin is preparing us some sandwiches, I hear a scream from upstairs.

Without thinking twice, I run upstairs. Me, being Joe, I stumble twice on the stairs. Almost breaking myself in the process.

"What's going on?" I run into the bathroom, knowing all too well that the noise was coming from there.

Nick is standing in front of the mirror. "Nicky? What are you doing?" He turns to face me.

He looks really upset. I walk over to embrace him. While I do so, he breaks down. He starts repeating how sorry he is.

"What did you do?" I let him go and he holds up his arm to see the broken cuts on his arm.

I walk him over to the sink and start to run the water, making sure the temperature is not too cold or too hot, and guide his arm under the stream.

He retracts his hand and hisses, but my grip is too firm, not too harsh, so he can't escape.

"It needs to be cleaned out first, Nick." I explain. He nods, knowing exactly what has to happen.

"Why did you do it?" I ask him sadly.

"I can't do this anymore Joe. I am way too weak. I don't want this anymore. And now that Pippa is gone... I..." I know he wants to say more, but he doesn't want to hurt me more then he already did.

But to be honest, the damage has been done.

My older brother is slowly losing control, thinking he can't save us. I'm trying my best to keep our family together, even though I'm the most useless person there is. Nick is slowly killing himself, literally. No one knows how Pippa is doing. She ran away to Peter knows where. Frankie is also slowly breaking down.

Mom and dad are having trouble keeping us in line and grounded. They have to watch their family fall apart as we all go through whatever this is in our own way.

When his arms look clean enough, I close the tab and softly dry his arms. I take some gauze and some disinfectant stuff from the cabinet and clean his arm with the disinfectant stuff, earning some painful groans from Nick.

I wrap the gauze around his wrists. When all his wounds are attended to, I walk him out of the bathroom.

"Come on. Kevin is preparing lunch." I put my arm around him when we reach downstairs and we walk into the kitchen. I place Nick at the table and grab his most used kit from the kitchen counter.

Kevin finished preparing lunch and sat down with us. Nick decided to eat first and he'd test after. Much to our dislike, but if we want him to test after, we've got to keep the peace and keep our mouths shut and let him do as he wishes.

We'll be on his tail after lunch to make sure he keeps his promise.

"Are we going to drive around the city today to look for her?" I put my sandwich down on the plate in front of me to think about it.

"Should we? I mean, what good is it going to do? We've already informed the police. If anything, it is going to drag us down even more." I try to sound reasonable.

"So we should let her die?" Nick looks at me with a shocked expression and his mouth open.

"Look, Nick. I know you want to go find her. But she's smarter then the three of us combined. She's probably long gone. I hate to say this, but it's the truth." Nick slams his hands on the table to shut me up.

He hisses as he does, as he forgot about his wounds, the anger consuming his brains.

"I just gotta know if she's okay." He puts his head in his arms on the table, hiding his face as his body starts to tremble with sobs.

I look at Kevin. I can't look at Nick any longer. It's heartbreaking. Kevin seems to agree with me. Pippa and Nick are four hands on one stomach. They are practically one. This must be horrible for him.

It's horrible for all of us, I mean, our little sister is missing. Ran away on her own free will.

But she's our sister. She's our little sister. We are the ones to protect her. She ran away from our protection and now she's gone.

Maybe for good.