Chapter 65

Just so you all know. I'm not planning on giving up on this story anytime soon. I will keep uploading when I can. If I have the inspiration to write. It's hard, but it's there.

Like I said, I'm not planning on stopping this story. Thanks for all the support on it! I can't believe that you all stick around for it. I couldn't have ever imagined that when I first started this! So thank you all so much for that!!

Enough with the sappy. Go!

Pippa's P.O.V.
I walked away from the lunch table and grabbed my coat from the coat rack in the hallway.

Not much later Joe shows up in the doorway. "Where are you going?" He asks me.

"Out." I respond a little harshly. "Please don't." He begs. "Do what?" I ask him.

"Please don't run. I don't want a repeat of last time. We can talk about it. We'll listen to you." I shake my head. I've got to clear my mind. I don't want to talk.

"I just need to empty my mind. I'll be back later today." I promise him. He doesn't cave in but doesn't stop me from walking out the door either.

I start walking down the road, knowing where my goal is.

My goal is to talk to Molly.

I know she and her boyfriend can get my mind off things at home and that's all I need right now. A little distraction.

I can't watch Frankie hate himself. I can't watch Nick test himself to see if his levels are okay. I can't watch Joe keep up his happy self when he obviously needs to let go. I can't watch Kevin keep us in check while Danielle is pregnant. I can't watch mom and dad anymore.

I've got to get away. Even if it is only for the day. I can't put them through the pain of losing me again like they had last time. But that doesn't mean I can't go out anymore. Not that they'd know, because I didn't tell them where I'm going.

A couple of blocks later, I decide to call Molly to see if she's at home.

She is at her house but does insist on picking me up so that I don't have to walk all the way over  to their house.

Her boyfriend is at work, but he'll be able to join us for lunch.

Not much later her car stops in front of me and the bright smile of Molly behind the wheel. "Come on! Get in! How are you?" I drop my bag in the backseat and sit up front in the passenger seat.

"I'm good! How are you?" I decide to explain later how it's not all good, but I don't want to drop that on her so soon like this.

"I'm good too! I've also got a job at James' work now. So we're both helping people who don't have much family and friends to rely on. To help them find jobs and help to evolve themselves." She had a different job when I first met her, but I know she didn't like it as much as soon as she met me. She wanted to help more. She had an office job, something with money. She did it because she made good money and she was good at it. But it wasn't what she wanted.

The happiness radiates from her face. I can see she's happier now.

She drives me to their home and fills the kettle with water. "Want some tea?" I take her up on her offer and walk around their little apartment to look at their photos.

"James is coming home for lunch later today." She called from the kitchen. "That's nice!" I respond.

"So how have you really been. And no lies please. You know I can see right through them." She emerges from kitchen with two cups of tea in her hands.

She hands one to me and we both sit down in the small living room.

"I'm fine. It's a little hard to be home. Everything and everyone is different and I don't know how to deal with that. Nick is still dealing with his Diabetes, but it's barely mentioned around the house. Kevin is dealing with us while his wife is pregnant. The stress is getting to him. My mom is an emotional wreck. My dad is working a lot more recently. And Frankie is Frankie. I think the stress of everything put together is weighing down on his shoulders and it's not doing him any good." I explain.

She listens intently to everything I say. She nods every once in a while, telling me she understands.

"Well, you do have a big family. Everything is different for everyone. It's like this for you, but it is all very different for -" she thinks for a second. "for Nick for example. He's got to deal with Diabetes while having to watch everyone else struggle. He had to miss you for a long while, wishing you weren't in a ditch somewhere. Not knowing if you were safe or if something might have happened to you. I can imagine the stress everyone might be in right now." I nod, remembering the session we had in Nick's hospital room.

"I know. It doesn't make it easier though." She nods. "I can imagine."

Not much later James comes home yelling "Honey, I'm home!". The whole building could have heard it.

They decide to take me out for lunch as it's been a while since we last seen each other.

They take me to a nice place a couple blocks from their apartment.

We put in our orders after we've taken a seat.

They tell me all about their jobs and about some of the young adults they've recently helped get their lives back on track.

I explain once again to James how things are at my home and how I needed to get away for the afternoon. Just like Molly, he listens to every word I say. They really are their perfect match.

I like James, but I could never date him. We're too different. He's also way taller than I am. Which doesn't exactly matter, but I don't know. I don't like him like that. Never could if I'm honest.

Somehow, he reminds me a little of James from the Vamps. He's a sweet guy. He can also be really funny. He does laugh at his own jokes, which in a way, is most of the times funnier than the joke he's made.