Chapter 15

Pippa's P.O.V.
Frankie brought me to my first class. I knew he had to go, but I wish he could stay with me all day. I don't have many friends. Literally all of the girls hate me for being their sister and bully me. The only ones who try to become friends with me, only want me to get closer to my brothers. I hate school. I wish mom and dad would allow me to get homeschooled.

"Look at that. It's back." I'm called an it. I'm not even human anymore.

It went like that the whole class. I ignored everyone to my best abilities. I was able to until they started throwing props of paper towards me with hurtful words. I feel a horrible prick in my back.

I turn around and see a paper plane on the floor. The pointy airplane had hit me in the back. A few people snickered.

"Stop throwing with paper planes and props in my class. Pay attention, please. This is for a grade." The teacher scolded my fellow students.

Thankfully it stopped, but class is over in like 10 minutes, they'll be back at it as soon as class is over.

I was right. The got back at it the minute we left the classroom. They shoved me against lockers, made me trip to the floor, slapped my books out of my hands, verbally bullied me and more.

They really said some hurtful words.

I started to cry, but the bullying only got worse. I crawled into one of the bathrooms and into one of the stalls. I sobbed and pulled my knees up to my chest. Why does this have to happen to me? Why am I a victim?

Soon the bathroom door opens and I try to keep my sobs quiet so that they won't hear me.

"Pippa?" It's Frankie. God, please, no. He can't see me like this. None of my brothers can. They will all go into protective brother mode and I really can't deal with one of those right now.

There's a knock on my stall. "Pippa, I know you're in here. No one else is here, so please open the door for me." He begs me.

I sigh and unlock the door. "What happened?" He asks me as he kneels down next to me.

"Nothing happened." I shake my head to let him know that I'm not ready to talk about it yet.

"It's okay." He sits next to me and pulls me into his chest. "It's going to be okay." He whispers soothing words into my ear.

I shake my head. "No it won't. It'll never be okay."

"I'm taking you home. We can't stay here." Frankie tells me. I shake my head again.

"They'll hurt me, Tank. Please don't make me go out there now." He sighs and figured we could at least wait until class starts.

When class finally starts, we'd been waiting in the bathroom for approximately twenty minutes. Maybe a few more.

Luckily no girls entered the bathroom or Frankie would have had a lot of explaining to do if they didn't run off screaming before he had the chance to do so.

Frankie helped me up and supported my weight by putting my arm around his shoulder. I'm tired and weak. A few bruises had formed on my arms.

I also explained to him how my right side is hurting, but I fought every try of him lifting up my shirt. Told him we'll look at it at home.

Dad has got meetings all day and I know the boys are practicing, so we can't ask them to pick us up from school.

There is a bus stop not far from our home, so we figured we'd take the bus instead of calling mom to pick us up.

We get home soon to find mom with her hands on her hips and a disapproving look on her face.

"Go clean yourself up. I'll deal with mom and be up soon." Frankie tells me, but I refuse. I won't let him deal with mom on his own. I started this.

"You better talk." Mom says impatiently. "I'm getting bullied." Mom posture changes immediately from irritated to sympathy. "How bad?" She asks me sadly. "This bad." I roll up my sleeves to show her some of my bruises.

Frankie reminds me of my stomach. "Oh, and this." I pull up my shirt to see an ink black mark on the right side of my stomach. Mom gasps and clamps her hand in front of her mouth.

She walks over and takes me by the arm. "You poor child. Come here." She walks me over to the couch. Frankie follows us silently, he's obviously shocked after seeing the marks.

"What happened?" Mom asks me. I start explaining everything they did to me. Frankie clenches his fists during the whole explanation. At the end mom is hugging me and whispering that everything will be okay. Just like Frankie did in the bathroom at school.

"Can I go upstairs for a nap please?" I ask mom. She lets me go. "Of course honey. If you need anything just call one of us, okay?" I nod in response. "Thank you for listening." I thank her. "Not a problem. I just wish you didn't have to go through it." She wipes away some tears from her cheeks and her eyes.

I walk into the hallway and stop walking. I know for sure they are going to talk about me.

"She's not okay, is she?" Frankie asks mom. "I don't know Franklin. I don't know what's going on in your sister's mind." She sighs sadly and naming Frankie by his full first name. "I need you to be there for her. Can you do that for me?" Mom adds. There is no response, so I guess he answered without words.

"We'll help her Franklin. We love her." Mom says. "I know. I don't want to lose her." Frankie sobs. It brings tears to my eyes. "I want this to stop. It's too much. I hate seeing her in pain. She never smiles anymore. She's turned into Nick. Always hiding her smiles, she's unhappy and she barely talks to us anymore. She's not Nick, mom. She's Pippa." I have heard enough. I walk up the stairs into my room.

Leave a vote and/or a comment and let me know what you think!!