Chapter 9-The Date

I looked up at the huge carnival that was in front of me.  

I hadn't been to a carnival in years. The last time I was at a carnival was in the summer before 6th grade and I went with Kameron.

He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.  

"Come on. We can't just stare at it all day." He said with a chuckle while pulling the key out of the ignition.  

He stepped out of the car and walked around to my side and opened my door for me, and held out a hand for me. I graciously took it and stepped out of the car , my eyes wondering to all of the rides. We walked over to the ticket booth and Kameron said "Two all day passes please." He grabbed his wallet out of his back pocket and pulled out a 50. 

He handed it to the middle aged man behind hind the booth who looked like he wanted to be anywhere elseb but here. The man gave him to blue paper strips and nodded his head. We walked over to a table and we put on our bracelets.

"So, what do you want to do first," he asked . 

I thought to my self and smiled. Hmm, well I want to go on a thrill ride right now.  

"Let's go ride the Goliath" I said . His eyes widened and he quickly smiled.  

"We'll come on then , lets go." He said standing up.  

I also stood up. We started to walk over to the other end of the carnival.

We passed by a small family, with a mom , a dad, and a little girl in the middle holding one of each of there hands. The mother and father looked in there late 20s early 30s . They looked at each other with such love as if they were newlyweds. I smiled. I wanted that.

About 2 minutes later we passed by and old couple sitting on a bench, eating ice cream and laughing. Wow. 

I wanted that too. To be able to be in your 80s and still love each other like crazy. I thought that was the best love story. Not Romeo and Juliet where they die for each other, but where Grandma and Grandpa grow old together.

Suddenly I felt a strange warmth in my right hand. I glanced down and saw a hand in mine. My eyes trailed up the arm to see Kameron, smiling and looking at me. I smiled to my self and couldn't help a light blush swipe across my face.  

"You were deep in thought there" he said chuckling.

"Oh yeah, just uh thinking." I said .  

"Well you can't think a lot anymore cause the ride is right here." He said looking up, my eyes following his and looking up at the blue and yellow giant ride. I smiled and pulled Kameron by his hand and walked around the twists and curves of the gates where the line was supposed to be. It was only about 10:30 so barley anybody was here . We eventually got up to the ride and there were about seven people in line. We bounce up and down anxiously .

About 2 miniutes later we walked up to the cart and sat up in it. I took off my toms and placed them out side of the cart on the waiting platform.

I pulled the bar over my head and buckled my belt in between my legs. I was all set. I swung my legs back and forth, waiting, I glanced over at Kameron who was as excited as I was .  

"Ready?" He asked.  

"Yep!" I chirped happily popping the 'p'.  

The worker guy came around checking our safety bars. The ride jerked back then forward and we were going up a climb. I looked at Kameron who was still smiling . I looked in front of me and suddenly we were spiraling down. I heard a girly screech and looked towards the noise and found Kameron screaming. I burst out laughing, I didn't usually scream on rides, I just laugh. So I laughed and then we went around a loop and spiraled to the side again. Going into another loop and turning upside down before we pulled into the station to get off. I giggled and looked over at Kameron. He looked at me and we started to burst out laughing. The rides let out a breath of air and the bars lifted from our heads. I jumped of and landed on the metal platform and grabbed my shoes and slipped them on.