Chapter 18-Leukaemia & New Friends

I felt a huge lump form in my throat.

Leukaemia?

But, He was healthy when he left

It had gone away... It's back.

They said if it ever came back, he probably wouldn't live through it. 

I felt hot tears spill from my eyes and onto my cheeks.

"What?" My mother asked sobbing again. I ran over to her and held her close. We sobbed into each others arms. 

I looked up and Kameron who had tears in the corner of his eyes. 

Kameron was like my dad's son he never had. He quickly blinked them back and began to speak. 

"We thought it was gone."

The doctor looked at him and said

"And who are you?"  

He liked at me , then my mom. 

"Brittany's boyfriend. I've known this family my whole life. I'm-" my mom cut Kameron off. 

"He's like family, " she said smiling at him. "He can know everything we do." She said. 

Kameron walked over and sat in the chair across from me and my mom. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly . 

"Very well.." The doctor started.

"It appears that Mr.Skywood's leukaemia has come back. It's probably not going to go away this time. We will start treatment next week." He said in a monotone voice.

My mother wiped her eyes and sniffed. "Okay. Can we go see him?" She asked him. 

"Yes. In room 511," he answered pointing to elevator. She nodded and motioned for us to get up.  

We stood up and I felt warmth in my hand. I saw Kameron smiling reassuringly at me. I tried to smile back, but failed.

We got into the elevator and my mom started to talk. "On another note..' she started. 

"Are you to like, a thing?" She asked looking at our hands. I started blushing furiously , while Kameron just smirked. "Yea Miss Amy, we are." He said smiling. 

She started smirking. She turned around.

But then she turned back around. "Oh yea and Kameron?" She asked, making him look up from his feet. "Yes?" He asked. 

"Tell your mom she owes me twenty bucks." She said with a sly smile on her face. 

•••

We walked down the hall looking for room 511. 

508  

509 

510 

Ah here, 511. 

We all looked at each other and my mother went in first.  

I took a deep breath and followed her, and Kameron followed me.

We walked into the room . 

I saw a light blue curtain covering someone. I guessed my dad. My mom walked behind the curtain and pulled it around to reveal my dad.

He looked terrible. He was pale and had droopy eyes. 

I walked forward.  

"Hey, Dad." I said, my voice barely coming out in a whisper.  

He looked at me and smiled.

"Brittany. I missed you," he said in a weak voice. 

I couldn't stop the tears now.