You're Not Alone

Mom ran towards me and hugged me tighter than ever. She was crying and was sniffling. I couldn't help it. I started wailing too. I can't ignore it. It's so hard when everyone else is around. "I've been trying so hard to ignore it. B-but I can't! I miss her so much! And it's just s-so sad to see you guys so sad. It's so hard. And. I don't know. I just want Maddie back!"

I put my head in my mom's shoulder. I was crying hard and I just couldn't believe her dead. "It's okay sweetie, she's in a better place now." I was furious. "No! You're wrong! She's not in a better place! She's far far away. And i'm probably not going to see her for decades!

She's nowhere on Earth. We'll never see her again.." My face sank into my hands. I didn't want to be alive. Just let me die. I just want to scream and kill everything and die and see Maddie and Adam. Dad came to hug me. He rubbed my hair.

" I'm sorry Ellie. There's nothing we can do. Just let god guide her to heaven, where she belongs. Same with Adam." He hugged me too. All Maddie and my friends came in and mourned too. I saw Maddie's BFF, Bri and I hugged her. 

Bri was crying harder than Jason. I wouldn't blame her either. They've been friends since pre-k. They would hang out everyday and do everything together. She must be really sad. 

When we were all done crying and everything, we visited the baby. First, I told them all about the crash and what happened. It was pretty intense. I told them about my leg, and the baby. Aiden didn't seem to mind all the company, I actually think she enjoyed it. Her eyes were looking around and sparkling and I think she was smiling.

We went home at 2:00 in the afternoon after lunch. Me, Mom, Dad, Aiden, Jason, Bri, Hannah (Adam's only sister), and May (another one of Maddie's close friends) rode with us home. Everyone else either had to go home, or drove in another car. 

We went to my house to discuss the funerals and the Aiden being born party. We all settled on the funeral was going to be next week at the church. The party will be at Bri's pool. Bri is really rich and she has a HUGE backyard. She has chairs and umberellas and tabled and sand and a swimming pool bigger than the neighboorhood pool.

I mean, she has slides and a waterpark area there! Also, it's totally free and we can bring food. It's going to be a potluck. (A potlock is when anyone can bring whatever food they want made themselves or bought). Aiden's will be in two months, when she's old enough to use a floatie thing to swim.

Now I can't express how i'm feeling, i'm happy and excited for Aiden, but i'm depressed for Maddie and Adam. Hopefully, life could go back to normal.