Choices

I was confused. I didn't want it to be like this. Why did this even need to happen? But it's the only thing I could really choose right now. I had to. It's not like I have a choice. Do I?

      I grab my phone from my pocket and wait for the call to say I can come. There's nothing else to really do. I just want to get this over with and forget this ever happened. I mean, why can't I just do anything without causing something wrong. My phone plays my ringtone for a call. I swallow then I answer. "Hello?" "Hello? Is this Ellie Flaire?" Asks the same lady from before. "This is." "Okay, well, um, you can come over now." Says the woman nervousely like I'm kinda crazy. "I'll be right there." I say then I hang up. I grab my wallet then I try to get a taxi. 

  I awkwardly just stare down at my hands the whole drive. I give the driver the money and then I walk to the building. I walk in and check in to the front desk lady. They finally call my name and I walked up to the doctor. I strode down the hall head down. She led me into this room and lay me down. She gave me medicine to make me sleep. Then I was out black.

I woke up with a stomach with stiches in it. It hurt like hell and it hurt even more to try to sit up. They told me I had to stick with a certian specific diet and to not do any sports or anything athletic for the next month. If my mom asks about anything, i'll just tell her i'm a little sore and i'm just a bit pickier, that it's probably just a phase. I got up and left and it was about time school got out when I got home. I took a nap and when I woke up Jason was playing video games, Aiden was watching SpongeBob, and Mom and Dad were both working on Christmas lights outside. 

I sat down next to Aiden. She looked at me and pointed to the TV. "Ba!" She said probably trying to say Bob as in SpongeBob. We played patticake and then mom told me to watch Aiden because her and dad were going to get us a "surprise" from somewhere mysterious. I didn't care so we watched another episode but then she wanted to swim. I said, "Why not. We might as well swim while it's still warm enough!" We couldn't swim for about a month and a half after the incident with Ashley but it's been two months.

I dressed her in her bathing suit and I got in my tankini and swim (girl) shorts. I got in the warm water and swam around. I brought her down the ladder and swam her through the pool. She was in her floatie so I decided to do a cannonball. I jumped in and I saw her laugh. She was splashed. She wanted to do it so I took her out her floatie and she jumped in the shallow end. I caught her a couple of inches below the water and she was smiling. I heard Mom and Dad yell, "We're home! Everyone come to the living room!" So I took her out and we wrapped ourselves in towels.

    We walked in and Mom and Dad were carrying a large box with holes on top. Jason plopped on the couch and we stood shivering in the living room. "This is something I know we've all wanted for forever, so we decided to get you this." Said Mom proudly. "An X-Box 2?!" Asked Jason standing up excitedly. I rolled my eyes. "I said that everyone wants." Said Mom. Then they tipped the box on it's side and they pulled the lid down. And a fluffy, golden, baby golden retriever walked out.