Home at Last

I woke up the next morning feeling depressed. I couldn't feel anything but depression. I took a shower and got changed. Mom called me out for breakfast, I didn't go. She eventually tried coming in, but I kept the door locked. I ignored her. I ignored my hunger and thirst and needing to pee, I didn't care anymore. I sat in a chair staring at the wall, crying silently. I didn't care about anything else.

I had to go to the funeral though. That was today. Everyday, I just sat in my room and ate my meals when everyone was still asleep or sleeping. I would have healthy snacks and I had five bottles of water everyday. I woke up early that morning for the funeral. I took a shower, put on black makeup, and got changed. I put on a bra and underwear, now was the dark clothes.

I got out a long black dress, black tights, black heels, and a black face cover. I looked at myself in the mirror even though I didn't care how I looked. I unlocked my door two days ago. My mom knocked the door twice then cracked the door to talk. "Ellie, it's time to go" I moped over to my bedroom door. "Okay" I mumbled opening the door and shutting it after.

We drove to the church and walked to the graveyard. I had a bouqet of black roses. I was giving a speech because I was the only alive person to witness everything. It was a funeral for both young adults. Before I knew it, it was my turn. I started by stepping up to the podium with the roses, my speech, and black tissues.

" Life is obviously transformed without Adam and Maddie. Adam was Maddie's boyfriend, my close friend, a good guy. He was a talented, intelligent, warm young man. He will be dearly missed. And now for Maddie." I started tearing up. " Maddie was my older sister. She was funny, fun, an inspirational young woman. She was always there for me no matter how far she is. And she is still here for me." I started crying.

"Um..Maddie she was. Pregnant when the crash happened. She was in labor and we were passing our green light when this dumbass smashed into our side from the middle of nowhere. We rolled off the bridge, into the forest. Adam looked dead as I found him in his seat. My leg was cut and broken. I was going to stay there." I wiped my tears and mascara.

"But then I realised she wasn't in her seat, and there was a hole in the windsheild. With the very little strength I had, I got out and looked for her." I was crying and was struggling to talk normally. "I found her. She w-was on the ground scraped up and bloody. I was afraid the baby was dead. Adam died right after we made our way to the hospital. Maddie was still alive, but she was unconscious. She had to deliver the baby."

"The baby was delivered. But there was something majorly wrong with her. Later, Maddie went into surgery, but died on the table. I was devasted. It felt like my insides floated away. My heart was eaten alive. I just. I couldn't." I paused to wipe up my tears. "The girl was named Aiden. She's right there with my brave mother."

I pointed to mom cradeling Aiden in her arms. "But the crash did no good to her. She's paralyzed waist down" Everyone in the crowd gasped. "She can't walk or do most things normal kids can do." I was crying. "I'm so sorry Aiden, i'm sorry." I started crying. "Let's just thank that we're okay. Both will be dearly missed." 

I climbed down with my crutches and I sat in my seat. Looking straight foward at the podium. They were going to bring down the caskets. They carried them down the isle. Both laid lifeless.(The caskets were open). I ran to Maddie's. She was wearing red lipstick and her favorite outfit of all time. Her 5th grade field day t-shirt and comfy purple shorts.

I hugged her and kissed her cheek. "I love you Maddie. I will never stop"

Two weeks later

I held Aiden in my arms. She was awake and making cute baby noises. I was babysitting while Jason was napping and Mom and Dad were back to work. School started in three weeks and in two days is Aiden's birth party. She was ultimatley beautiful. I didn't want to put her down. And she didn't want me to put her down.

Her blonde hair was growing longer. It was a light blonde with blue eyes and pale skin. I wish she were mine. I have to say i'm not surprised though. Adam is pretty handsom and Maddie is beautiful. We planned on telling Aiden i'm her sister and Jason is her brother. She'll never know about Maddie or Adam. 

We'll tell her everything when she's 15. She might think that Mom and Dad are really old and so are we, but there's nothing else we can do. I mean, who the F would put her up for adoption? She's so cute and we love her to death! I'm prepared for this troublemaker!