Chapter 2: Fencing Practice/Girl Power

Grace's Outfit:

After the dress fitting, Grace and Evie met up with their friends

...........................................................................
After the dress fitting, Grace and Evie met up with their friends. Along the way, Jane had came up to Grace and asked about decorations for the Royal Cotillion. After that, Ben then joined the girls but was pulled away by Jane. Evie turned to Grace and said to her, "Anyways, I heard that Jay was taking charge of the fencing team ever since Ben left. He told me that they had practice today. You wanna come with me and watch? I'm sure you don't have anything else better to do." Grace looked at her friend then at her fiancée who was talking to Jane, looking at her iPad. She turned back to her friend and replied, "Sure, why not? It will be fun." Evie and Grace, along with Mal, headed towards the fencing arena with their arms linked.

The group of four arrived at the fencing arena just in time to see Jay coaching the fencing team. Grace smiled when she saw her brother among them. Then, they began to fence which caused Grace to cheer on her brother and her two friends. All of a sudden, Jay was being challenged by another fencer and they were having a one-on-one battle. Grace began to walk around the arena area, causing all the boys to watch her and bow to her, and she said, "Come on, Jay! Remember what I taught you!" Before Jay had become the captain of the fencing team, Grace had given him one-on-one fencing lessons since her father and Ben had taught her how to fence. Grace nodded at Jay's tactics and said, "Well done, Jay!! Remember, you have to have eyes on the back of your head!" She knew who the person was challenging Jay but she wanted to see if he really was using her helpful hints and her lessons. While she didn't know when the fencing team would be practicing, she knew that Lonnie wanted to be on the team and she had asked her to challenge Jay to remind him of her tactics. Even Chad was cheering Jay on while his sister was coaching Jay. Once the other fencer got the victory, they took off their helmet, revealing themselves to be Lonnie. Grace smiled and said to her best friend, high fiving her, "Well done, Lonnie. Thank you for giving him a little reminder about a few things."

Jay's eyes widened at his best friend, he was shocked! He thought Lonnie was one of his teammates and he was teaching them. The whole time, it was Grace who had set him up. Grace smiled at Jay and said to him, "I see that you are still shock." Jay replied, "You set me up." Grace chuckled and Chad said, coming up to Jay, "She was only making sure that you remember her lessons, Jay. She does that to me sometimes." Grace chuckled again and replied, "It works, doesn't it? It makes you remember." It was Jay's turn to chuckle and he said to Grace, "Well, thank you for the reminder, Gracie." He turned to Lonnie and said to her, "Not bad, Lonnie." Lonnie smiled and replied, "You should put me on the team." This caught Chad's attention. He really didn't want another girl on the team. Sure, his sister was on the team but that's because Ben wanted her on the team and she wanted on it but because she was Queen of Auradon. No one could really speak against her. Chad said, "Hey! What? No, we'll be laughing stock of the league. I mean, what's going to happen next? Girls playing tourney? Come on, guys." Jay didn't see what the whole deal was, he wouldn't mind Lonnie being on the team. He said, "So? Grace is on the team." Chad gave him a pointed look and replied, "So? So, have you not read the rule book? *Grace rolled her eyes and shaked her head, causing everyone to snicker and snort, while Chad began to open the rule book* Section 2, paragraph 3; 11/4: 'A team will be comprised of a captain and eight men'. As for Grace, she's the exception. She is my sister and the Queen of Auradon, the fiancée of the King of Auradon. No one can oppose that."

Grace scoffed, she doesn't know what got into her brother. Everyone in the arena was not pleased with Chad's thinking and they were shocked that Grace wasn't either. Lonnie said, "Yeah, but you're down a man! Since Ben had to leave for all that King stuff!" Chad replied, "Exactly, we're down a man." Lonnie sighed and said to Jay, hoping he would be on her side, "Jay?" Jay shaked his head and replied, "I'm sorry, Lonnie, but rules are rules." Grace had enough. She said, "Alright, this is ridiculous. I'll make you a deal. *Chad looked over to his sister* I challenge you to a duel. If I win, Lonnie gets to be on the team. If you win......I'll talk to Mama and Daddy about getting that car you wanted so badly. Deal?" Chad smiled and replied, shaking his sister's hand, "Deal." Jay said to the two siblings, as everyone backed away from the siblings, "Alright. Five paces back. No hurting each other. It's fair play." One of the fencing team members gave Chad a sword while Lonnie gave Grace her sword. Grace and Chad turned back around and stared each other down.

In the stands, Evie knew what Grace was doing and she knew that this wasn't going to help her condition. She ran out of the fencing arena to go get Ben just as Chad made the first move on Grace. Grace dodged the move and she said, "Chad, you've gotta do better than that." Jay chuckled, she was just like that with him when he first started doing fencing. Grace jumped onto one of the block stands and jumped when Chad tried to sweep her off of her feet. Everyone 'oohed' at the Queen's move and began to clap. A few minutes later, Evie ran back into the arena with Ben on her heels and they stopped in the entrance way. Grace and Chad were clashing their swords against each other's until Grace saw the opportunity to take her brother's sword. She smirked and said, "And that's......how you duel." Everyone began to clap and cheer for their victorious Queen. Grace bowed to the audience and smiled when she saw Ben. Ben smiled and said to Grace, "Well done." Grace grinned, she was proud of herself. Lonnie turned to Jay and said to him, "I guess that means that I'm on the team?" Jay grinned and replied, "A deal is a deal." Chad groaned slightly, causing everyone around him to laugh.