Chapter 5: Picnics=Fights

Grace's Outfit for the Date:

I That afternoon as promised, Grace waited at the gazebo for Ben with the food all set up

...........................................................................
I That afternoon as promised, Grace waited at the gazebo for Ben with the food all set up. She paced around, waiting for Ben, per usual. She understood that he had duties as did she but at least she made sure to leave time for her friends and loved ones. Then, she heard a motorcycle pull up to the gazebo which caused her to turn around and smile. Ben placed his motorcycle in park then turned it off and took off his helmet. He smiled at his fiancée and said to her, "You'd never believe how hard it was to convince Luimere to let me come. Cogsworth was telling him that I had other things to do but I told him that you were my Queen and I was supposed to be devoted to you." Grace chuckled and replied, "Well, if I had known you had duties, I would've waited to do this another time." Ben shaked his head and said to his fiancée, walking into the gazebo, "No, I'm glad you did this. I needed a break." He took Grace's hands into his own and kissed her passionately. They kissed for a few seconds until Grace released from the kiss. Ben smiled and said to Grace, looking at the delicious food on the table, "What do you have here?" Grace replied, "Well, I have all of your favorite foods and mine as well. White chocolate and milk chocolate covered strawberries, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, some chips, and fresh lemonade. Your mother helped me out this together." Ben smiled, he was lucky to have a fiancée like Grace.

A few minutes later, the couple began to eat the food. Grace swallowed a piece of white chocolate cover strawberry and said, "So, how are the duties of being King coming along?" Ben replied, "They're coming and going. I mean, my dad and your dad are helping me so I'm not worried. I am worried about your condition though." Grace chuckled and said, "You have no reason to worry about, Benny. I'm doing just fine." Ben sighed and replied, "I have every reason to worry, Gracie. I mean, things can go wrong at anytime, even during birth." Grace was getting a little furious, she didn't like it when someone worried about her. Ben continued, "I mean, come on, Grace. Fencing while you're pregnant? That will just complicate things." Grace just stared at Ben in shock and she said, "I didn't fence because of me. Lonnie wanted on the fence team but Chad was being too much of a jerk so I had to step in and make him listen. I challenged him to a duel and I won, simple as that. Lonnie got on the team, end of story."

By this time, Grace was getting frustrated to the point where she would loose it. Ben replied, "I understand that you were helping a friend but you're being careless about your condition!" Grace scoffed and said, "I'm being careless? You're the one to talk. How many times have I come to you to ask you to spend time with me? Normally it's you but now it's me. Yes, I know I have duties and as do you. I'm overwhelmed by the duties and I feel like I won't make a good Queen because I feel like I don't have your support!!" Grace had tears streaming down her face and she ran off but not before getting on her horse, causing Ben to call her out her name, but to no avail.
...........................................................................
Grace rode to Auradon Prep to seek the one person she knew who could help her. She jumped off of her horse and ran inside. The young Queen wiped her tears from her cheeks as she ran towards Mal's dorm room. She threw open the door, startling Mal. Mal looked at her friend and said to her, noticing her tear stained cheeks, "Grace, you okay? What happened? I thought you and Ben were on a date." Grace replied, "You've got to take me with you." Mal began to stutter and she said, "I-I d-don't know w-what you're t-talking about." Grace rolled her eyes and replied, "I know you said that you want to back to the Isle, Mal. Evie has mentioned it to me once and I've heard you talk about it when we were helping Carlos. I'm not worthy of being Queen here. And you said that you feel as if you don't belong here. I want you to take me to the Isle." Mal sighed and said, "Alright, I'll admit it. I do want to go back but the Isle is no place for a Queen, especially not for you in your condition." Grace replied, "Please, Mal. I don't have much time. Ben's going to be looking for me and he's going to tell my parents then they're going to be looking for me. And then Chad's going to get involved and I don't want him to know either."

Mal sighed again, she knew her friend was desperate as was she. She looked at her and said to her, "If you come with me, you have to listen to every word I say and do what I say. The people on the Isle are not to be messed with. If they knew that the Queen of Auradon was on their island, they would use you for their own gains. And Ben would kill me if he found out I let you come with me." Grace nodded and replied, "You have my word." Mal nodded and said, "Let me grab a few things and then we'll go." A few minutes later; Mal had packed her bag and she said to her friend, "Alright, let's blow this popsicle stand." The purple-haired girl and the young Queen both ran out of the room, hiding from the castle guards that came looking for Grace. Grace covered her mouth as she and Mal hid behind a long curtain when she saw Ben at the bottom of the staircase. The two girls waited until Ben had went into another room after a guard had called his name then they ran out of the school. Grace breathed heavily and said to Mal, as she got on her motorcycle that Ben had given her and put on her helmet, "I'll tell you this, Mal, I have never been this scared in my entire life." Mal chuckled and replied, as she did the same, "Well, wait till you get to the Isle, Gracie. The Isle is full of danger around every corner." The two girls drove off towards the border that separated the Isle from Auradon and drove through the barrier.