Chapter 4: Dude talks?!

(AN: Grace's outfit is still the same)
...........................................................................
After meeting Ben at his locker, Grace met up wit Mal and they headed to Carlos and Jay's dorm room. Mal smiled at Grace and said to her, "You know, I haven't seen you all day. What have you been up to?" Grace smiled and replied, "Class, Ben giving me gifts again and the usual." Mal chuckled and said, "Let's get down to the real question. How are you feeling?" Grace sighed and replied, "I honestly don't know. I'm feeling okay, pregnancy wise, but......with these Queen duties? I'm overwhelmed, Mal. All of this......is too much." Mal nodded and said, "I know what you mean, Gracie. I'm worried that I'm not fitting in." Grace replied, "What are you so worried about? You fit in just fine; just like Evie, Jay, and Carlos. Audrey has told me that you were doing so well for a reformed person. And that's an actual compliment from Audrey." Mal laughed, Grace always found a way to make her feel better. The two girls arrived eat their friend's dorm room and knocked on the door.

Hearing someone knocking on the door to his dorm room, Carlos went to open the door to find the two people he had asked to meet him. He grinned at them and said to them, happy to see them, "I'm so happy you guys could come. I thought you wouldn't." Grace chucked and Mal replied, "Well, you are our friend, Carlos. We couldn't leave you hanging if you needed help. So, what seems to be the problem, Carlos?" Carlos took a deep breath and said, "Well, it has to deal with a girl." Grace gasped and replied, "Do you have a crush on someone?" Carlos nodded, he knew that Grace must've known who it was too. Grace continued, "Let me guess, is it Jane?" Carlos nodded again and she squealed. Grace said, wrapping her arms around Carlos and jumped up and down, "Awe, my little C-Los is all grown up!!" Mal laughed at her friend's antics while Carlos just rolled his eyes. The purple-haired girl said to her friend, "And why do you need our help?" Carlos gently shoved Grace off and replied, "I don't know how to tell her my feelings for her. You two have magic. You can use your magic to help me."

Grace's eyes widened, no one had asked her to use her magic in this manner before. The last time she used magic was at her and Ben's coronation when she turned into a wolf with wings to defeat Maleficent. She hasn't used it since in fear of hurting others. Of course, Fairy Godmother had given her lessons to help master her magic and she still does but she always had her fear of hurting others. Mal looked over at her best friend then back to Carlos and said to him, "I don't know, Carlos. I mean, magic doesn't always go in ways you hope it does." Grace nodded in agreement and said, "It always comes with a price, Carlos." Carlos nodded and replied, "I know; Mal, Grace. I just need something to help me say my feelings." Grace and Mal shared a look and they both nodded, willing to do it. Grace began to wave her hands around with her eyes closed, causing light blue smoke to appear. Mal watched as something began to appear in the palm of her hand. After a few minutes, a small gummy bear appeared in the palm of Mal's hand. Grace's eyes opened as she panted, feeing a magical surge throughout her body.

The young Queen turned around, while Mal explained the gummy bear to Carlos, to regain her composure. She really didn't want her friends to fuss over her. Before Carlos could take the gummy, Dude came up and ate the gummy bear from Mal's palm. Grace and Mal both gasped, protesting against the dog's actions. Suddenly, Dude began to talk. He shook his fur and he said, causing the trio's mouths to drop, "Man, that thing was nasty. *He turned to Carlos, causing the trio to open their mouths even more* But, you....you just got to man up. And while you're at it, scratch my butt!" Carlos' eyes widened and he turned to the two girls. Mal said, not wanting to deal with a talking dog, "You heard him. Scratch his butt." Carlos turned to Mal and said to her, "Wait, you're just going to leave me with him? Mal? You can't just......" Mal just left her two friends to fend for themselves since she had to something. Carlos turned to Grace, exasperated. She just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Don't look at me. I'm not going to do it. He's your dog, not mine. Buster is my dog." Grace turned and left the room.