Chapter 14: The Cotillion

Grace's Outfit for the Cotillion:

Later that evening, Grace stood in front of the doors that led onto the foray, waiting to make her appearance

...........................................................................
Later that evening, Grace stood in front of the doors that led onto the foray, waiting to make her appearance. She paced around, shaking her hands, with Luimere watching from the sidelines. He smiled and said to Luimere, "You shouldn't worry, Mademoiselle. You have your family and your loving fiancée out there waiting for you." Grace scoffed and replied, "Waiting for me to screw up. Luimere. I've already screwed up once. There's no telling when I may screw up again." Luimere just chuckled and said, "You just need to have faith in yourself. They have faith in you. You just need to believe and put trust in yourself." The young Queen turned to look at him and he said, "After all, you are their Queen." Grace smiled softly and turned back to the doors. She nodded and Luimere said, announcing her presence, "I present Her Royal Majesty......King Ben's bright beautiful jewel and fiancée......the protector of the realm......Queen Grace of Auradon." Grace walked through the double doors and stood on top of the staircase, looking regal. She smiled at the crowd who applauded and cheered for her. She looked down at the staircase to find Ben staring at her with a smile.

The young Queen had a distinctive feeling that something was off. She pushed that feeling aside and walked over to her parents. Cinderella smiled and said to her youngest twin daughter, bringing her into a tight embrace, "I'm so glad you're home. When Ben told us that you had ran off, I got so worried." Grace replied, hugging her mother, "You don't have to worry anymore, Mama. I'm home now and I'm here to stay." The Queen turned to her father who stared at her sternly, causing her to look at the ground. King Charming Sr. sighed and said, opening his arms for his daughter, "Come here." Grace looked up with a smile and wrapped her arms around her father's waist. King Charming Sr. said to Grace, "I was so worried and terrified when Chad called us and told us that you had ran off." Grace replied, "You don't have to worry anymore, Daddy." King Charming Sr. smiled and said to his daughter, gently nudging her to go down the staircase, "Good. Now, go get 'em, tiger." Grace smiled and turned back to the crowd. She began to walk down the staircase and smiled at Ben.

Ben smiled lovingly at Grace and held out his hand for her, being the gentleman. Grace took her fiancée's hand and he kissed the top of her hand. Ben whispered to Grace, turning back to the crowd, "You look amazing." Grace slightly blushed and whispered, "Oh, Evie made this. Do you really think so? Even when I'm......you know......?" Ben smiled and whispered, making sure his voice was low enough, "Even when you're pregnant, my love." They stopped in the middle of the dance floor and turned to each other. Ben bowed to Grace, winking at her which caused her to giggle, and Grace curtsied. Grace turned to her friends who gave her thumbs up, some even whistled, and others gave her smiles. The young couple began to dance and Ben said, "You know, you really did put things into perspective, Grace." Grace spun around Ben and she replied, her eyebrows rose in confusion, "Really? What do you mean?" Ben said, "Well, I've decided that you needed some assistance so I've asked someone to help you." The couple stopped dancing, earning applauses and cheers. Grace turned to Ben and replied, "Who did you ask?" Ben turned to the staircase and Uma appeared.

Grace gasped, backing away in fear and outrage. She turned to Ben and said to him, "Are you out of your ever living loving mind? She tried to kill us, Ben!" She turned to Jay, Carlos, Evie, and Mal, who all also looked shocked. Ben just gave Grace a smile and he said, while Uma walked down the staircase with a smirk, "You need some help with your duties and Uma had been so persuasive that I couldn't say no." Evie walked over to Grace and whispered to Grace, "Grace, look at Ben's eyes. Uma placed him under a spell. We're with you all the way." Chad walked over to his sister and said to her, "I'm with you too, sis." Grace smiled at her brother and nodded at him. Carlos said, coming up to Grace, "And to think that I risked my life for that guy." Mal turned to Grace and said to her, "Come on, Grace. Let's go." Grace walked up the staircase, followed by her VK friends and her brother and best friend. Adam stopped his goddaughter from leaving and said to her, "I know that something is up. I'll go to talk to him, Gracie." Grace nodded at her godfather and Belle said to her, "Your godfather will talk some sense into him. You are his fiancée and Queen. I know he wouldn't allow Uma to help you after she tried to kill you and Ben." However, Belle was wrong and Ben wouldn't budge. Jane turned to Luimere and said to him, "Luimere, she needs to see the gift. Do it now!" Luimere said, taking the tarp off of Ben's gift, "A gift from King Ben to his Queen!"

Grace gasped at the sight of her on the stain glass, smiling at the sight. She turned back to look at Uma who tried to make Luimere cover it back up. Luimere stood his ground and said, "I don't answer to you. I only answer to my King and Queen and their families. Not you." By this time, Grace has had enough. The young Queen walked over to her King and said to him, placing her hands on his cheeks, "Ben, I know this isn't you. You're acting weird. Please, come back to me. You are my King, my fiancée, and my future husband. I love you." Grace pressed her lips onto Ben's, causing everyone to say 'awe.' The spell wore off on Ben, causing him to deepen the kiss. He released from the kiss and his eyes widened. The young King turned to his Queen and said to her, "I don't know what came of me, Grace. I'm so sorry if I ever had hurt you or offended you." Grace sushed her fiancée and replied, "It's okay, Ben. You didn't hurt me or anyone else. You just lost your temper is all." Their moment was ruined by Uma screaming out in anger. The young couple turned, making Ben stand in front of Grace, protectively.