Chapter 10: Operation: Rescue Ben and Grace is a go

After finding out that Uma wanted the wand and that Ben and Grace's lives were on the line, the four VK's decided to take matters into their own hands. While they couldn't let Uma get the wand, they couldn't let the King and Queen of Auradon suffer from Uma's clutches. Carlos has suggested that they created a fake wand with his 3D printer as a decoy. He and Jay went back to Auradon while Evie and Mal stayed behind. Evie and Mal stayed behind to create smoke bombs as a diversion. The two boys walked into their dorm room to find Chad, Grace's twin brother, doing something with the 3D printer. Carlos had asked Chad to move out of the way so he could do something on his phone to make the fake wand. Chad noticed this and he said, "Why are you making the Fairy Godmother's wand?" Carlos and Jay tried to act stupid but Dude let the truth slip. Dude said, "Ben and Grace have been captured!" Chad's mouth dropped and he said, "Dude can talk? And my sister's captured? What did you do?" Carlos glared at the campus mutt and said to him, "We were stalling!" Dude replied, "Man, I thought you forgot!" Jay lightly slapped Chad and said to him, "You can't tell anyone. Their lives are on the line."

Chad just stood there, unfazed, since he was worried about his sister and her unborn child. He crossed his arms and replied, lowering his voice to a whisper, "Why shouldn't I? She's my sister and pregnant with my future niece or nephew. She has been missing for two days straight. My parents are getting antsy and I'm getting freaked out." Jay sighed, he knew that Chad wasn't going to back down. Carlos said to Chad, "We'll let you know first thing when we get her back. We just need you to make sure that no one knows about this." Chad nodded, satisfied, then left the two boys to do their thing. A few minutes later, the two boys found themselves asleep in the chairs in front of the 3D printer. The 3D printer dinged, signaling that it was finished. Jay woke up from the sound then woke up Carlos. The two boys grinned at each other, their plan was coming together. Carlos grabbed the fake wand and Dude said, "Hey, what about me?" Carlos replied to the dog, "Stay, Dude. *The dog groaned in protest* I'm serious, Dude, stay. Love you, buddy. We'll be back before you know it."

The two boys made their way out of the building, with the fake wand in hand along with a few other things. They came across Doug, who had been looking for Evie the entire day. Doug said to Carlos and Jay, "Hey, have you seen Evie?" The two boys looked at each other, trying to come up with an excuse. Jay replied, "She went camping." Doug didn't fall for that and he said, "Evie? 'I wanna live in a castle'? With no place to plug in a hairdryer?" Carlos looked at Jay and replied, "You know how spontaneous she is, bro!" Jay nodded and said, as they backed away from Doug who just stared at them with confusion, "Yeah, totally." Once they were sure that they were alone, they let out a sigh of relief. However, Lonnie appeared right in front of them. She said, with determination, "I'm coming with you guys." Carlos and Jay just laughed, trying to stall the girl. How were they going to pull off another excuse? Jay said, while Lonnie was unfazed, "We don't need swords at the......Waffle Hut." Lonnie rolled her eyes and said to them, "I know that Ben and Grace are on the Isle, captured. It's either you take me......or I tell the Fairy Godmother, Grace's parents, and Ben's parents." The boys knew that they didn't have a chance so they allowed Lonnie to come with them. Lonnie squealed and said, wrapping her arms around both boys' shoulders. "Yay!"