2; Auditions

2

*After School*

Kara and Ruel walk back home together with Madi, Ivy, David and Josh. They split up going their own ways to their house and Kara and Ruel meet up with Coco and Sylvie who were also on their way home from school.

"So how was school?" Coco asks

"Great!" Ruel says

"For you, I have to spent all of tonight trying to write a poem that does not already exist" Kara says

Coco chuckles "You'll get there"

"I hope so"

They reach the Van Dijk house. Ruel and Kara head up to Ruel's room grabbing some snacks on the way to finish their homework.

An hour later they come back down. Kara clearly happy with herself as she finished writing not one but two poems. And no, there was no help from Ruel.

"Do you kids want to go on the beach for a while? It's great weather today" Kate (Ruel's mum) says

"Do I?" Kara smiles

"Be back before dinner and please don't drown" Ralph says looking straight at Kara.

She raises her hands up in defence.

"It was one time!"

Ruel laughs as they both run back upstairs to change into their togs and head outside to the beach. Luckily, they lived opposite the beach, so it was easy for them to go there. They had taken their surf boards along to do some surfing obviously. Coco had joined them as well.

Coco and Kara lay out a towel on the sand and sat on it taking in the warmth from the sun and nice weather. Ruel grabbed his surf board and headed into the water. Since they were still kids, they weren't that great at surfing but were able to stand on their boards for a good amount of time before falling off but they were getting better.

A splash was heard from the water signalling that Ruel had fallen into the water. Coco and Kara turned their heads from their conversation to the water in time to see Ruel's head bob out of the water, his hair wet and covering his eyes. The girls laughed as Ruel pushed his hair away from his face and waved to them. Kara waved back getting up and grabbing her surf board running into the water with Ruel.

A few hours passed. Kara and Ruel had spent some time challenging each other to see who could stay on their board for the longest, it was an even tie. Coco was sitting on the beach taking some photos of herself, the beach and the occasional sneaky photo of Kara and Ruel. After a while, Coco joined them in a water war. Once they were all shrivelled like prunes, they decided to head back home.

"Wait!" Kara yells stopping Coco and Ruel.

"We need some photos"

"Of course we do, Ruel come here" Coco says placing her hand over her brother's shoulders.

Kara grabbed out her phone and took a couple of photos.