10; What did you get for 8?

*Friday, day before Kara leaves*

*Third person POV*

"Are you going to eat that?" Ruel asks Kara pointing to the donut in her hand. 

Kara closes her mouth which was about to take a bite from the strawberry flavoured donut and looks up at Ruel. 

"Oh no I was just going to inhale the scent of the donut" Kara says rolling her eyes, clearly full of sarcasm. 

She looks back at the holy goodness in her hand but before she could devour it -- 

"Ok great" Ruel grabs the donut out of Kara's hand and stuffs it into his face.

"HEY!" Kara flaps her hands in the air absolutely offended by Ruel's actions. 

He looks over at Kara and gives her his signature goofy smile. 

She crosses her arms around her chest and looks away from him to face Ivy, who just laughs at the two fools in front of her

"Kara?" Ruel taps her shoulder

"No"

"C'mon"

"No"

A few moments of silence passes between the table of friends. The gang quietly watching the feud between the two. 

"Kar? My best friend?" Ruel speaks up. 

This caught Kara's attention and being Kara she wraps her arms around Ivy's shoulder and turns her to face Ruel. 

"Ruel, donut stealer, I would like you to meet Ivy, my best friend" Ruel's eyes bulge out, he clearly realises his mistake now. 

"WhaaAt, no no no no no. Here have my - uh -" Ruel searches through his lunch "my cookie" he says pulling out a container containing a cookie. 

"hmmm" Kara squints her eyes at her ex best friend "your lucky I love cookies" she finally says grabbing the cookie out of the container and wrapping her hands around her reassigned best friend. 

"Hey! What about me?!" Ivy says.

Before Kara could say anything more the bell rang indicating that lunch was over. 

*In Math*

Kara and Ivy took their seats next to each other on a table of four with two other girls in their math class, Cat and Sophia. 

"Last day huh?" Cat says. 

"Yup, I actually can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'm going to miss school"

"I can believe it" Sophia laughs "Your literally good at every subject without even trying"

"Except English" Ivy adds, getting a small nudge from Kara "rude"