3; Butterfly

Ruel and Kara have always been seen together however these past two weeks they've been closer than ever. Especially since they won't be seeing each other in person for the next 7 months as Kara will be in Gold Coast filming non-stop and Ruel won't be able to visit often because of school.

It was the last weekend they would be together. They were playing outside on the trampoline in Kara's garden.

"Ru-el, s-s-stOP! I can't — breathe. Stomach — Hurting" Kara gasped out in between her laughs. She was lying on the trampoline clutching her stomach as Ruel jumped causing her to bounce as well.

"NEVER!"

"You - are so — DEAD!" Kara says grabbing Ruel's ankle bringing him down to her.

"Ahh"

He falls next to her she quickly pins him down before he can react, she starts tickling him.

"KarAA! NoO!"

"KARA! YES"

After a solid ten minutes of a tickle battle Coco calls, more like drags, both inside for dinner. Their last dinner together for a long time.

They were having lasagna. Kara scooped up some for herself and Ruel as she was closer to the food than he was. Kara sits back down and hands Ruel his plate.

"Thanks"

A few bites into their lasagna conversation began about 'Butterfly' the show Kara is staring in.

"Can you tell us anything about the show Kara?" Ralph asks

"Well it about a girl, Ella, who has trouble fitting in school and finding friends. The shows about self-love and being yourself" Kara says

"Anything else?" Ruel asks

"That's all I can say and all I know, but I can sneak in some information when I get it" Kara smirks

"Oooh yes yes!" Ruel says clapping his hands together

They finish their dinner and have cheesecake for dessert, as it is Kara's favourite.

"Pleeeeease Mum! We won't be seeing each other for 7 months, 7 months!" Kara begs.

"No and that's final! You need to be up by 3 tomorrow morning and Ruel has to go to school" Maia says

No matter how much Kara and Ruel begged their parents they weren't allowed to have a last sleepover.

"Fine" Both of them grumbled

Ruel turned to face Kara

"I'll miss you" he says pulling Kara into a hug.

"I'll miss you too"

"But please have fun. You're going to be in a show, the main lead in the show!" Ruel says into Kara's shoulder.

After their final goodbyes the Van Dijk's headed next door to their house while the Danvers got their final packing done for their flight tomorrow morning.

*a week later, on set*

It was the first day of shooting as last week was pre-production, camera checks and all that. Today Kara was going to film her first scene.

"All right everyone in their places. Kids do you have your lines?" The director yelled

Both Kara and James nodded and headed to their spots. The scene they were shooting now was the opening scene where Ella walks into her new school and meets Matt.

Ella opens the door of the car and steps out. She pokes her head through the car window and says goodbye to her mum. She was new to this town as they had just moved away from her alcoholic father. Her older brother was in his first year at university, so she was all on her own for this one.