6; Premiere

*20th January 2015*

It is Kara's 12th Birthday. Currently it is 8 in the morning. She couldn't sleep the whole night because she was so excited for her birthday. However, she was still a little sad that she won't be seeing her friends until next week because in a couple of days after her birthday she's got the premiere of Butterfly to attend. Let's see what she's up to shall we?

"Kara?"

"Hm"

"Your dad and I are going to the supermarket, we'll be back in a couple of minutes ok?" Maia says to her daughter who is lying face down on her bed still in her pyjamas.

Kara doesn't reply but instead lifts up her hand and give her mum a thumbs up.

"Ok good"

Kara hears the sound of the front door closing and their car driving away. She decides she might as well do something then lay around all day waiting for the surprise her parents planned. She brushes her teeth, gets changed and all that jazz. She grabs out her ukulele, which she takes every where with her. It's a normal wooden one but Kara being her artsy self obviously had to paint it as soon as she could, so it's currently got the wave painted on it.

She started to play Photograph by Ed Sheeran

She started to play Photograph by Ed Sheeran. A few strums in to the song she hears a loud CLANK from the kitchen. She instantly stops playing and slowly makes her way out of her bedroom and down the stairs holding her ukulele in case of an emergency.

"Shit" A voice says from inside the kitchen

"Who's there?" Gripping on tighter to her ukulele ready to attack.

She walks into the kitchen to see a familiar blonde head covered in batter and surrounded by fallen baking equipment.

"Ruel?" Kara says trying her best not to laugh at the 'battered' human in front of her.

"Surprise?" Ruel chuckles awkwardly picking up the fallen bowl and tries to clean up the mess.

"What are you doing here?" Kara walks over and helps Ruel clean.

"I was going to make you a cake but I forgot that I can't bake"

Kara laughs "That is very true" Running her finger across his cheek scooping up the cake batter.

"Ruel, I leave you for one minute and this is what you do?" Coco enters the kitchen carrying a box of icing sugar.

"Oops" He shrugs.