Six

Evangeline

Growing up surrounded by men meant I was usually always surrounded by competition. My brothers always competed against each other at everything. They played against each other in various sports in our backyards, they held their own eating competitions and even challenged each other in how quickly one could get ready in the morning. Naturally as I grew up I wanted to be included in these competitions, I wanted to spend time with my brothers. But they were older than me by a couple years so I had trouble participating. They both took after our dad, being always a little too tall for their ages while I was always too small for mine. So they always had advantages over me by being bigger than me and knowing more, since they were older and were more educated at the time. They always beat me in races or their challenges and they would always ruffle my hair and tell me it wasn't my fault because I was too slow or too small. They were right, I was pretty slow when it came to running, to reacting or even to reflexes.

But let me tell you, my brothers would be proud of how quick I reacted tonight.

Although they wouldn't be proud of what I had done...

Once I heard that familiar voice that caused my entire body to freeze and my eyes to widen in complete shock, I had yanked my body out of Lucifer's hands and pushed myself off of him.

Lucifer was shocked by the sudden interruption but also by my sudden movement as his hands still were placed in the air where my body was just occupying, showing exactly where he was holding me.

Marybeth stood in the doorway, her bright blue eyes were wide in shock and jaw dropped down as she looked from Lucifer to me.

"Babe why you yelling?" Flasher asked worriedly as he rushed into through our apartment door, that Marybeth had left open in shock.

Flasher didn't seem to need an answer as he looked like he figured out what was going on since his lips curled into a giant smirk before he clapped a few times.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" He exclaimed loudly, causing my face to redden deeply as I put even more distance between Lucifer and I.

"Right when it was getting fucking good," Lucifer grumbled angrily as he adjusted himself in his pants which made me squeak out in shock and embarrassment.

"Am I fucking seeing things?" Marybeth sputtered out, disbelief painted all over her face.

"Babe you are not. These two were in the middle of getting down," Flasher said as he wrapped an arm around her and wiggled his eyebrows at us.

"No we weren't!" I rushed out, trying to find a way to explain what they just walked in on.

Lucifer scoffed as he stood up off the couch.

"Well we may have if you didn't have to interrupt," Lucifer growled at Flasher who only grinned even more.

"Sorry Lucy I didn't mean to cock-block you,"

Marybeth continued to stand there in disbelief, her mind clearly running a mile a minute as she tried to process everything.

"Wait did you guys have sex?" She asked after a moment of silence. My eyes widened and I shook my head no immediately.

Lucifer grunted something under his breath that I didn't quite catch but whatever it was it made Flasher roar in laughter and slap his knee.

"This is brilliant," Flasher exclaimed loudly as I bounced my weight from one foot to the other anxiously.

Even though I'm so embarrassed that they walked in on us making out I'm glad that they did. I shouldn't have let it go on for that long. For goodness sake he was pretty close to taking my shirt off and I was just going to let him!