Eleven

Evangeline

"You're so good with Lina," I hummed happily as I stared down at the giant, strong hand that engulfed mine. His fingers were so long and thick, made me feel warm and tingly. I never thought I would think someone's hands were this attractive.

"Surprised?" He chuckled teasingly as he glanced away from the road to look over at me before he looked back ahead of him.

"No I just liked seeing you with her. I can tell you really care for her," I answered him with a small smile on my lips as I thought back to our day. We had just dropped off Lina at a house now that her dad wasn't busy with, as Lucifer put it, 'stuff'.

"I've been there since the day she was born. I love that little girl with all my heart," He told me as he gently squeezed my hand. My smile grew as I looked up at our conjoined hands to stare at him. He was so beautiful, I don't think he could ever be imperfect.

"So I'm under the impression that her mom may not be in her life, is that true?" I asked hesitantly, worried I may be pushing the limits by asking about her mom.

I almost regretted it right away when I saw his shoulders tense up a bit. I nervously bit my bottom lip and squeezed his hand comfortingly.

"Sorry I shouldn't have asked. Its none of my business," I rushed out trying to take back what I just stupidly asked.

"No its okay. She took off when they found out about Lina's condition. Screw was left to take care of her but he's always had the club to help out," He explained to me as he pulled into the parking lot of my building.

My heart felt like it broke into a million pieces when I heard why her mom left. Her dad, David or as Lucifer calls him Screw, had mentioned to me how her mom wasn't diagnosed with Lina's form of dwarfism but she was a carrier. Although I did believe her mom was out of the picture it upset me why she had left.

"Hey it's okay. Honestly she's better off without that lady. Ryder was a horrible woman, she didn't really want to keep Lina because that meant she would have to change her lifestyle but Screw begged her and gave her anything she asked for to keep her happy," He added on as he squeezed my hand again.

"Gosh, that's so horrible! Lina doesn't deserve that she's such an amazing girl. She's so incredibly smart for her age and she never lets anything stop her from doing whatever she wishes. If this Ryder lady can't see how amazing this precious little girl is then she's just shit out of luck!" I ranted angrily as I thought about how much Lina meant to me. She was so great and I truly did care for her.

I heard a click and before I could even look to see what it was I was lifted off my seat and placed on Lucifer's lap. My face reddened darkly as I held his shoulders to steady myself. He chuckled as he moved the seat back a bit so the steering wheel wasn't digging into my back.

"You're fucking amazing," He stated as his eyes looked over my face, as if he was trying to remember every little detail I had to offer. His eyes stopped on my lips before he slowly leaned his head down and pressed his lips onto mine. I hurriedly kissed him back, my hands sliding up his shoulders and stopping to lock behind his neck. His hands wrapped around me and pulled me tightly against him as his tongue danced along my bottom lip. I eagerly parted my lips, ignoring his smug smirk as his tongue met with mine and entangled together. As he was pulling away he playfully tugged my bottom lip causing me to moan quietly.

"Fuck that was so sexy," He grunted huskily, both of us breathing deeply to catch our breaths.

We both jumped when someone knocked loudly on the window. Our heads snapped to look outside and I blushed when I saw Marybeth standing there, completely soaked from the rain.