Seven

(Evangeline's older brothers above)

Evangeline

The house was always the same every time I visited. From the garden full of various flowers ranging from mums to daisies to the patch of wild flowers the circled the tree in the front yard. The tire swing was still attached to the thickest branch as it slightly moved with the wind. On the front porch there was a couple chairs, facing the street.

Every time I came to visit I always spent a bit of time just admiring the beauty of the house.

But just like every time I came here my time of admiration was interrupted by the front door swinging open quickly.

"Angie what are you doing?"

In the front doorway stood William, who always demanded to be called Will. He looked the same as last time I saw him, except he shaved the sides of his head and left his brown hair untouched on the top of his head.

"You're so impatient I was just looking at the house for a minute before I came in," I smiled as I shook my head at him and began walking up the pathway to the house.

"Well maybe if you visited more often I wouldn't be so impatient to see you,"

I rolled my eyes at his comment knowing he was partly joking. He knew I worked everyday except weekends, which I often used to prepare for planning the next week.

"You know you can always come visit in the city," I retorted as I walked up the steps of our childhood home.

"Yeah but I would rather you wasting gas than me," He shrugged with a grin. I smacked his arm lightly once I reached him before I was pulled into a big hug, one of which he had lifted me off the ground for.

"Missed you little sister,"

"Yeah yeah, lets get inside so I can see the mother-to-be," I told him once he had placed me down. He rolled his eyes at me but moved away from the door to let me walk in.

I smiled warmly at the familiarity of the house. The soft tan walls that held numerous picture frames of all of us. Ones from when we were babies up to when all of us graduated school.

"Dad got new couches?" I asked Will, looking at the new black leather couches in the living room that took place of where our old warm brown couches were.

"Yeah he wanted something nicer," Will shrugged as he ushered me to the kitchen.

"Guess who's finally here!" Will announced as we walked in.

I heard a squeal of happiness before I was pulled into a tight hug by a woman.

"It's been so long Eve!" Alex said to me as she hugged me tightly. I laughed as I hugged her back.

"Alex we saw each other a month ago,"

She pulled away, her smile still sitting on her face.

"Like I said so long,"

I laughed as I looked her over, smiling at her belly that stood out on her small body.

"Look at you, my niece or nephew is growing nicely," I told her happily as I placed my hand on her belly.

"Yeah the baby enjoying fattening me up," She muttered sadly, still smiling at her belly.

"You're not fat babe you're pregnant," Christopher, my oldest brother said as he walked into the kitchen, entering from the backdoor that led to our backyard.

He grinned at me before he walked over and pulled me into a hug.

"Look at your beard," I teased as we pulled away from the hug.