Fourteen

Evangeline

"I knew I shouldn't have left you! As soon as I leave you alone you go into labour," Christopher rambled on, repeating the same thing for the third time. I rolled my eyes as I listened to him, he was such a drama queen.

"It's not like I was alone for gods sake. Evie and Marybeth were with me so I was fine. You act like we're in the middle ages," Alex rolled her eyes as she rubbed her belly with one hand and continued packing her hospital bag with the other.

"Would you please sit down and let me take care of this?! I told you we needed to have the bag ready," He rushed over to her, trying to urge her away with his flinging hands but she only stopped her movements and glared at him lethally.

"Christopher do not test me! I know what I need and I would like to finish packing before I'm hit by the second attraction. You should stay quiet because I know your ass speeded here and I should whoop it for that dumbass behaviour!" She threatened, earning a scared look from the man. He threw his hands up in surrender as he slowly backed away. I smirked as I watched from my seat on their bed, folding some baby blankets and onesies and placing them in their soft yellow baby bag.

Christopher began pacing around the room before Alex snapped at him and demanded him to go put the baby-seat in their car before she smacked him, which left him running out of the room very quickly.

My phone went off, for the third time in the past ten minutes catching Alex's attention. She raised an eyebrow at me and sent me a smug grin.

"Lover boy?" She teased me, laughing when she saw my cheeks redden.

"Shush he might hear you!" I hissed, nervous that my brother was still close by. Wouldn't doubt it with how protective he is over Alex.

"He's too scared of pissing me off to not listen to me," She dismissed while waving her hand in the air as if she was waving the idea away.

"I just don't want my family knowing right now," I sighed as I placed a couple hats into the baby bag.

"Until you do tell them your secret is safe with me," She promised as she placed another pair of sweatpants into her bag. I watched as she began to quicken her pace with packing, her breathing becoming faster.

"Got one coming?" I asked, watching her fists clench around the fabric of a shirt that was in her hands.

"Fuck," She swore under her breath, leaning forward to brace herself on the bed. I got up and rushed over to her side, holding her and rubbing her back as she groaned deeply, trying to keep her breaths steady.

"Don't call Christopher! He'll just rush me to the hospital and it's too early," She huffed out. Her contraction finally ended and she stood upright and finished packing. I placed a small pack of diapers and some wipes in the bag before closing it up.

"Okay now let me go wash my makeup off, I don't want to be sweating and crying it off," She said to me before she excused herself and went to the bathroom attached to the room. I grabbed both the bags and walked downstairs and outside.

"What the fuck is this?! This isn't rocket science why isn't it fucking working," Christopher growled impatiently as he fumbled with the car seat in the back seat of their car. I quietly giggled as I walked over to observe him. "It shouldn't be this fucking hard,"

"Struggling?" I asked, startling him and causing him to jump and smack his head on the roof of the car. He swore loudly before he turned around, sending me a soft glare as he rubbed his head.

"You fucking scared me," He exclaimed loudly before he went back to fighting with car seat. I placed the bags in the back before heading back into the house. I heard loud groaning so I rushed upstairs where I found Alex sitting on the top stair, holding onto the railing tightly.