Twelve

Evangeline

The first thing I felt when I woke up was warmth radiating by my side, wrapping around me like a second blanket. The second thing I felt was fingers softly playing with my hair, pushing it out of my face and softly stroking my head in such a relaxing way that I wanted to stay asleep so it would never stop.

I didn't need to open my eyes to know who it was. I could feel his presence, feel that it was him without having to actually look because my body had somehow become accustomed to him that well.

I kept my eyes shut and tried to keep my breaths slow and steady so I could enjoy this peacefulness for as long as I could but sadly it didn't last long.

"Angel I know you're awake," His husky morning voice chuckled, his fingers never faltering in their movements.

If I hadn't been awake then his morning voice would definitely woken me up because as soon as he spoke I had a chill running down my spine. His voice surrounded me like a cocoon and I was an eager caterpillar, wanting to hide in it for a long time.

I opened my eyes and was immediately met by a beautiful artwork.

His hair was all messed up from sleeping, his bare chest proudly showed up the ink that covered his body, his blue eyes were more green today which interested me greatly.

"Morning," He greeted with a grin before he leaned over and pecked my lips softly.

Was he trying to make me hyperventilate?!

I smiled at him before wiping the gunk out of my eyes from my sleep. I ran my hands through my hair as well, trying to smooth it out so I didn't look like a troll, grimacing when my fingers were snagged in a knot.

"I know that look. You look sexy as always," Lucifer complimented me, causing my face to flush darkly. He chuckled before pulling me closer to him which left my head laying on his chest.

I listened to his calm heartbeat as he went back to fiddling with my hair.

I felt so peaceful but I knew it wouldn't stay like this because I needed to get up eventually and check on Marybeth.

I frowned as I thought about what had happened between her and Flasher. Even though Flasher didn't cheat he still didn't push the girl away right away and for that he was in the wrong.

"What are you thinking about?" Lucifer's question came out softly, almost startling me out of my thoughts at the sudden noise.

"Marybeth and Flasher," I answered him before turning my head to look up at his face. He sent me a small frown before he helped the both of us sit up. He placed me on his lap so that I was facing him.

"Don't worry they'll figure it out. Flasher knows he fucked up and he's going to try to fix it," He reassured me, his eyes looking over every inch of my face.

I leaned forward and gave him an appreciative kiss which he greedily accepted. Before the kiss could go any further I forced myself to pull away so I could check on Marybeth.

"Lets go get some breakfast," I told him when he pouted at the sudden distance between our lips.

Him smiling was so beautiful but him pouting made him undeniably cute.

I giggled at his pouted lips before pecking them quickly. I pulled myself off his lap and stood up, stretching my body quickly to awaken my muscles.

"You're trying to fucking kill me aren't you?" Lucifer grunted lowly. I laughed when I looked over at him to see him hungrily staring at my body.

"Come on," I urged him, laughing again when he grunted under his breath about how he just wanted to stay in bed. He followed me out of my room and we were instantly met with the loud buzzing coming from the intercom.