Chapter VII

Don't forget to vote to show your support and comment to share your thoughts. Thank you so much for the support this fanfic has been receiving!

The knocking had only been for a few moments possibly. It was clear as day, and in truth, a heavy weight had landed on my shoulders. Charlie's eyes had shot open at the sound of the knocking, also possibly due to the vibrations that quaked her body at that time. I read her eyes as quick as I could, because she had turned almost immediately upon the knocking. Unease and uncertainty had burrowed itself into her bright eyes, which weirded me out just a tad. Yes, the atmosphere had weighed down significantly and a moment ago she had spoken her mind about the hotel's success, but her eyes were just strange.

"I'll open it." She smiled a little before she turned around. "Uh, okay." I nod, despite the fact she can't see me. I didn't even plan on opening the door considering the fact she is literally right there. Hesitancy, it was clear in her hand's slight shaking when she reached out to the door.

  What is up with this unnecessary tension?

  I heard her draw a breath before twisting the doorknob and swinging it open, and holy shit.

  So. You see this demon, greyish skin and a reddish pink and black aesthetic, what would you do? Would you run for your life? Back away? Faint? Why am I talking in my head? The demon knocking at the door was dressed up, fancy suit and bow. Animal ears protruded from his brightly colored hair, a killer smile on his face. A monocle with dark red glass and pitch black frame and a radio mic in his hand, he stood there just in silence for a few seconds. You could hear a pin drop, accompanied by Charlie's sharp intake of breath. Then, he lit up, like a goddamn candle.

  "Hello-" She slammed the door on his face. She cut him off while he was in the 'o' part of the greeting. The blonde turned to look at me with a face of utter disbelief, contorted in absolute confusion. I gape back at her. What the hell was that? Then, she opened the door again and he continued very casually, as if he wasn't shut out. Literally. "-o!" His damn voice reminded me of a game show host that overdosed on caffeine.

  Dude's got an interesting jawline. Hell bends all laws of logic, have to admit that. His gaze had then gone up to me, and for a split second, I could see interest. Then she slammed it again and stormed past me, grabbing my wrist to drag me. "Charlie!" I hiss, snatching my wrist out of her hands when we reached where Vaggie and Angel Dust were. The pastel goth witch looked at us as Charlie called her name. Her tone strained with distress.

  "What?" She asked, exasperated. Guess Angel is pissing her off then. Charlie points at the door in the most awkward way with the most awkward smile, simultaneously looking like she wants to melt into a puddle. "The radio demon is at the door!" Radio demon? I subconsciously look back at the door. Is that why he has that mic? What's wrong with him? I mean, his outgoing style sort of reminds me of Angel. "Uh, who?" Angel asked, pulling the popsicle out of his mouth.

  It was safe to say he was completely ignored by the two other ladies present.

  "What should I do?" The pale blonde ran her hands down her cheeks, body slumped in total defeat. Poor girl. She looked at me and Vaggie for assistance on the matter, and luckily, Vaggie saved me from the privilege of answering her question. Because I was just as clueless as Angel Dust in this situation. Vaggie sat up with a loud scoff, one that could potentially rival my own, and replied with an obvious "Well, don't let him in!"

  This is probably focusing a lot more on them than my own thoughts, mainly because I can't think properly. Radio demon? Their alarm? The confusion? Whatever it is, it just clogs my thoughts. I head back over to the door, without Charlie. Whatever it is, I'm curious. Radio demon. The atmosphere by the door probably weighed more than elephant, compared to the lightness of where Vaggie and Angel had stood. Damn lucky.