Chapter XXI

Don't forget to vote to show your support and comment to share your thoughts.

This chapter can be considered a semi-filler since it's somewhat short. However, this chapter is important, but I won't tell you why. Enjoy!

***

Alastor's words left the atmosphere tense and unnerving.

He didn't bother elaborating on how meeting (Y/N) could cause a series of chain reactions that end up damaging the hotel in the process. All he did was ease himself into the conversation then slip and slide away when he got everyone's attention.

Charlie wanted nothing more than for this to be a bad dream. Vaggie wanted answers and validation. Angel Dust wanted to rest and forget about this entire fiasco. As for Alastor, no one is quite sure.

  No one talked in the limousine as it drove to the hotel. The atmosphere was rippling with electrified tension to the highest voltage, stopping anyone from making a futile attempt at starting a conversation.

  Charlie would repeatedly open her mouth to start a chat, but she knew better, so she always closed her mouth. The flaxen blonde exhaled shakily, feeling her body tremble a little from all the stress this event has accumulated. She felt the need to let go, not through crying this time. Through talking.

  Would Vaggie be a good person to vent to? Her vision flickered over to the grey skinned female and took note of how her eye screamed exhaustion. With the eye bags deep and her ivory hair a mess, she instantly knew her answer to the question in her head.

  She already unleashed Tartarus on her by sobbing so much her tear ducts were crying in pain, the last thing she wants to is to haunt Vaggie with what she wants to say.

  Her gaze turned to Alastor. She already knew the answer the moment she thought back to his words. What she got from the whole scene was that he uncovered—or maybe remembered—something about (Y/N) and he wasn't particularly happy about it.

  That left Angel.

  Her focus honed in on the downtrodden spider demon. He looked exhausted, but not as much as Vaggie. His lips were pressed into a tight line, eyes narrowed as he hunched over to look down at the floor of the limo. Any person could tell he was wallowing in guilt and rethinking the moment. She could tell. Because she was thinking about it too.

  How (Y/N) muttered about dancing with death for the second time before launching herself out of the limo after Vaggie. Not even five minutes later, she heard Vaggie's terrified shouts of raw horror and the sound of Angel Dust screaming "NO!" repeatedly, over and over and over again.

  It didn't take long before she realized what had happened.

  Looking at Angel one more time, she inhaled. "Angel Dust??"

  He didn't respond, which didn't surprise her. He was probably devoid of any energy or adrenaline he had when blowing up the premises with Cherri Bomb.

  Even though he wasn't looking at Charlie, she smiled a weak smile. "Let's talk when we reach the hotel."

***

Alastor was given painful flashbacks when he watched as (Y/N) jumped out the limo, the door slamming shut behind her due to the wind of an ongoing explosion.

  He was tempted to follow just as much as Charlie but he didn't follow her, because if he did, then tonight wouldn't have happened. And if tonight didn't happen, then she would've been alive and well.

  Then his plan wouldn't have worked.

  It didn't surprise him when he heard of how she had fallen into a coma. He knew it wasn't just a measly, plain coma however, because when a demon dies, their soul dies for good. Never once has he heard of a demon's soul going into a coma.

  And from what he knew, the injuries she experiened launched her into a deadly position, literally. She should have been dead and dead she should have been. But she wasn't. (Y/N) was in a coma.

  Alastor sighed, looking around in the limo and taking in the mixture of tired and sorrowful faces of his crew. (Y/N)'s condition was a heavy weight to all of them, him especially after finding out what he did.

  No wonder why she rubbed him the wrong way the moment he met her (E/C) eyes when she opened the door.

  "Angel Dust?" He blinked before looking at Charlie, who had spoken, successfully breaking the god awful atmosphere he himself had made.

  He expected her to look enraged or even the slightest bit pissed. But when the radio demon heard the softness of her voice and saw the sympathy and understanding in her bright eyes, he stalled in his thoughts.

  Should it surprise him that Charlie's being approachable? No, it shouldn't. But he couldn't help it, he was surprised a tad. She of all people should be boiling mad if she remembered (Y/N) just as he did. Yet she wasn't. How?

  Eyeing her with silent curiosity, he watched. Angel Dust didn't respond to her call, as expected.

  "Let's talk when we reach the hotel." Her tone was notably firmer than before and her eyes hardened somewhat. Now this is what he had expected from her.

  At this, Angel Dust weakly nodded his head a little. He didn't have the energy, but he had no choice in the matter. What happened had happened and now he needs to talk wih Charlie about it. There's no way around the punishment or the crap she may scold him for.

  Alastor thought back to (Y/N) and the hole in his chest suddenly hurt more than before when the girl he had known in the past left.