Chapter XIII

Don't forget to vote to show your support and comment to share your thoughts.

***

"I don't understand how you make cooking look so easy." His silky smooth voice slithered its way into your eardrums from behind, his fingers combing through your (H/C) hair as a method of seizing his ever growing boredom.

You merely chuckled at his words and shook your head ever so slightly as to not disturb his affectionate action. He'd never been all that good of a cook, but does have rather keen and attuned taste buds so you had to cut him some slack. After all, you're just newlyweds.

"It takes practice and patience." You told him simply, stirring the simmering chicken and allowing the aroma to fill the kitchen and air around them. Comforting it was, for the two of them.

He rarely gets days off as a CEO, but every time he did, you'd made the most of it. Cuddling for hours, attempting to cook together, watching a movie whether it be old or new, going outside for sightseeing or even spending your joined time in the most physical of ways.

However the two of you don't commit to the act all that much, since while it was that the two of you needed each other to be sane and humane, affection is enough for the two of you in most situations. But if it turns carnal, it's only natural to satisfy it.

The rings on your left hands signify your mutual relationship and never once have either one of you pushed aside an opportunity to prove their sincerity and love. If two people need to kiss in order to show that they love each other, then their romance isn't the best and most certainly isn't the most followed.

The male huffed. "You yourself aren't patient." He grumbled, moving his arms to snake around your waist and move in closer. All that left your lips was a small hum of approval, waiting for the egg timer to go off signifying the chicken is cooked through thoroughly.

He definitely wasn't lying, so you made no move to decline his bold claim. And when you didn't protest, you could practically hear him grin which annoyed you just a tad, you admit. While he can be a total softy and sweetheart, he has that cocky and confident side most boys have. You found it to be attractive and amusing to say the least.

"(Y/N)?" He suddenly spoke your name in such a vulnerable tone of voice you nearly did a double take, however you successfully retained the urge just by a centimeter. You merely hum once more, grabbing ahold of the egg timer and watching it tick down to it's final stroke.

"I love you." He mumbled, leaning forward to snuggle into your head. You jump ever so slightly, nearly tumbling in an exaggerated manner from his unexpected declaration. Those words have been exchanged a hefty amount of times already, but it never failed to make your heart soar beyond Heaven itself.

"I love you too." The timer rang out, showing it's complete.

"Ma'am!" A sharp shock ran through your system as your shoulder resonated with the physical echo of a slap, breaking you free from your moment of daydreaming. The worker quickly grabbed the egg timer you clasped so delicately, the same timer that was blaring with noise, and turned it off before sending you a pointed glare.