Chapter XV

Don't forget to vote to show your support and comment to share your thoughts.

***

SNIPPET CHAPTER OF SECOND ARC.

***

The ambient ringing of cluttered chatter was imprinted in your dull and echo based hearing for the rest of the time you were deemed unconscious. Cries and screams of two females only came deaf in the end when it had eventually dissipated into the facilitated air of wherever you were headed.

  Whatever you were on was transporting you. The bumpy feeling of what seems to be wheels rocked the surface you were laid flat along  and your lungs were struggling to adjust to the rapid discomfort that grew. Pain was littered along your sides and damn did you have one nasty headache.

  By the time the sound of doors opening had made its appearance your vision completely faded to black. And all that was left was this pure, unsettling emptiness that wrapped around your brain and made your brain as its own personal shelter.

***

"PLEASE! PLEASE, LET US come with her, I'm begging you!" The pleas and shrieks of raw sorrow and panic spilled from the flaxen blonde, eyes tinged and painted with red along the edges. It most likely came from the furious and vigorous rubbing that also came with the package of melancholy and tears.

  As she thrashed helplessly against the cocoon of grey tinted arms and ivory hair, her rapid attempts of barging her way towards the near dead female melted into utter agony and vocal pain. Sobs appeared and disappeared with every small hitch of her breath and emotionally pained shriek.

  "Charlie." The witch demon hissed from her teeth, eyes shut as she held the girl from behind. All she could provide right now was a source of comfort and care for the girl who was slowly breaking down from having another citizen of Hell being torn apart.

  "Charlie, please calm down!" Vaggie repeated herself with an added firmness, digging her heels and twisting Charlotte to face her. While she herself may not have thoroughly known the girl who was currently being operated on, she knew well enough that whoever she may have been, she truly had been someone special.

  So imagine seeing someone get impaled by several tendrils through the torso and having Charlotte and Vaggie relive that exact moment only this time with another demon?

***

  "What.. What the hell is happening?" You query, clutching his hands between your own in an act of convincing desperation. Sure enough he looked at you, his pools of emerald meeting your false bewildered hues of (E/C).

  He shook his head as he breathed through his nose. "I don't know. I don't know honey." The way he spoke your nickname felt far off than it had initially been, where it was once full of love and admiration and now it was laced in tight frustration and agitation. And you now knew why.

  The sounds of a female screaming your name rang from downstairs along with crashing followed. The voice..

  Concern and terror flooded your being as you suddenly step away from him, your hands being retracted and protectively held against your chest. He didn't fail to notice it and looked at you, reading it as fear of the female downstairs.

  He tried to smile. "Hide honey, I'll handle it I swear."

  But you knew far better than that.

***